Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Perhaps the best propulsion (swimming) technique in Scuba Diving is the Frog Kick. Compared to the Flutter Kick, the Frog Kick is more efficient. It is a “kick and glide” motion that conserves energy while delivering a powerful thrust to propel you forward. It is also very effective. Notice how poorly trained divers using the Flutter Kick damage corals and stir up silt when their fin tips hit the bottom of a reef or coral bed. With the Frog Kick, the fins are elevated minimising contact with the environment.

Good delivery of the Frog Kick starts with a Good Trim. See my video on how to achieve good trim here: https://youtu.be/FQLANwAn9Qs .

I hope you enjoy this short video on how to do the Frog Kick. Watch it in HD. If you found this video helpful, please like and subscribe to my YT channel. It will help me add more videos that will help make your diving safer and more enjoyable.

If you’re in the Philippines and would like to learn how to dive or take Advanced / Technical Diving courses, send me a message. If you’re a certified diver, take a Buoyancy, Trim and Propulsion tune-up with me or join us for a fun dive. Escape the city. Explore a new world. Expand your limits.

Appreciate the demonstration; it's something I've hoped to learn to be effective at sometime.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom