viking rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friedchef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
has anyone here tried to install the classic ring system from viking on there suit?? i just got a pair of the rings and could not get the inner ring to fit inside the taped seam. is there something i could do besides get a new system?

Jerry,

Thanks for the info but could you elaborate on why the will not fit. Also what dry glove systems do work on your suits? I have had the opportunity to demo your suits and I aboslutely love them. I plan on purchasing a PSD Dress as soon as funds become available.

Thanks

Mark

The viking rings are just a lot bigger than the circumference of our suit. The Si Tech system will work as that is the one we sell, but I think the Diver Concepts and the Northern Diver systems will work. They are a bit spendier.

just a update i was able to install the rings on my suit, instead of the inner ring resting in the taped seam i just placed it right after it on the seal. so far so good, ive done a 3 dive charter no issues as well as my usuall local diving.

i love the system, and i get my gloves from a local commercial dive shop for 15 bucks.

Friedchef, just a warning . . . I'm a big Viking rings fan, but we've now had two sets of seals, on two different suits, which have failed because the rings were installed on seals that were just a bit smaller than the rings. The edges of the rings are sharp, and they slowly wear through the latex. The seals that failed today had about forty dives on them.

I'm going to try working with a dremel tool to sand the ring edges and see if I can make them less latex-unfriendly. But be aware that you may have shortened the life of your wrist seals significantly by using these.

hi lynne,

i actually saw you at cove 2 last night ( wed 15th) i was with calvin and ken. thats a very interesting observation on the rings, one i have not heard before from the folks who recommended this set up to me. when you break out the dremmel please take some before and after pics for me please.

next time i will say hi, im in the white pick up with the i heart butter sticker on the back window.

friedchef aka burntchef

howard

i heart butter
??? Sounds like a man after me own heart!
If you have a Harbor Freight nearby their "sandblasting gloves" ($5 - $6) work well on the Viking (and Si Tech) rings - assuming you don't have huge paws. The gauntlets may need some trimming though.

Back
Top Bottom