Villa Dos Rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toofunnie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone. Getting very excited for our upcoming trip. We will be staying at this rental and was wondering if anyone has stayed here before? Was also wondering about the snorkeling in this area. We don't dive but love to snorkel.

Thanks for any help!

Hi It's nice your here. I have not stayed at the place your asking. The snorkeling can be fun. There are tons of operations running for snorkeling. If you are renting a car, go out to the Money Bar, have some snorkel fun and eat. They have a very nice seating area and showers. They just request you purchase food or drink. Some of the snorkel ops will likely take you to Paradise Reef to snorkel. This is but a small amount of info. If you like give Opal an email at Scubamau.com, she will gladly either get one of her boats out for you or get you in touch with a good snorkeling outfit. I hope you have fun. kev

A few years ago before the property to the north was built up (Aura, Sabor) my wife and I were walking on the beach past the property, found no one staying there at the time and asked a maintenance guy for a tour and he obliged us. It looked very nice inside and had all the amenities. We especially liked the rooftop patios. Since then we have noticed that at least from the outside, it appears well maintained. This place we thought would be great for group trips and the price was reasonable at the time. We stay near to the Villa Dos area and have been to Cozumel about 40 weeks over the years.
We also understood that the owner lives on the property and always seemed friendly.

San Francisco beach has become busier due to the hotel and condo construction, proximity to the San Francisco beach club and cruise ship passengers at the same beach club but Villa Dos is still a bit separated from both. The beach bar to the south should shut down in the evenings.

The snorkeling at San Francisco beach is not bad but I think not great. It’s mostly sand and not much coral but there are some structures that contain more sea life. There are fish in the area – jacks, trunkfish, needlefish, maybe flying fish, stingrays, in addition to maybe some small lobster and eels if there are structures. The good snorkeling is done via boat to the reefs. It’s too far to swim especially with currents which are generally South to North but can change. We dive but if I were to snorkel I would do a twilight or night snorkel where you are, go to Chankanaab, or go to Colombia shallows or other site by boat (more $ tho for the latter).

Be careful not go too far off the beach as it has high boat traffic (and fast boats) – many dive boats, large catamaran snorkel boats, sunset cruise boats and parasailing boats.
Take care with the jet skis drivers rented at San Francisco beach club during the day. Some of them lose their common sense as soon as they hit the water.

Having said this, San Francisco beach is a very nice beach and I think among the top beaches on the West side. Many people enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom