Villa Markisa - Tulamben

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil_g

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at the Villa Markisa in Tulamben? I'll be there diving for a couple days and it looks nice, but was hoping for some feedback on the diving operations as well as the resort.

Thanks in advance!
-Phil

Can’t comment directly regarding Markisa but we were at Seraya which is next door. Both resorts appear to be very nice. The dive operations in both resorts offer both boat diving in the local area and shore diving at Seraya which is a muck site. Lots of critter at Seraya but you will need a good guide. At Scuba Seraya, we had our own dive guide who asked what we wanted to see, how many dives we wanted to do today and what times we wanted to dive. We called the shots which was nice and he always delivered with the critters. We really appreciated the option of boat diving since we got to many more sites than just the shore entries and a good mix of muck and reef/wreck dives.
Other than lodging, Tulamben is inexpensive by US standards and the local guides want to do anything to please you. Your dinner will be less expensive than a glass of wine so have fun!

Phil,

I stayed at Villa Markisa last August for four or five nights and can highly recommend them. Food and accommodations are good and since the place is relatively small, you will not be crowded on to a boat when you want to dive. In fact, when I was there, they were waiting for a new, bigger boat that has now been delivered (so they now have two boats: one of about 5 meters in length and the new one is about 8 meters). This will allow them to go much further afield than in the past when they were pretty much limited to the greater Tulumben area. Now, they can go pretty much anywhere you want, whenever you want. When I next go to Bali for diving, I will not hesitate to stay at Vila Markisa.

Jason

Hi Phil,

We have stayed at villa Markisa a number of times and I must say we have never been disappointed by the resort, the food or the diving. Dive guides are indeed excellent and will tailor the diving day to your schedule and will make sure to find every single critter on your wish list.
The bungalows are very comfy with great view of the garden and the sea. The staff at the resort is great. We once were there with the baby and they were just wonderful; babysitting while we went diving.

Enjoy!

bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom