Vintage Mistral regulator raffle to benefit AHA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for putting this on! Received a couple of tickets myself the other day. This would be a great way to get into a double hose. Would go well with my old Dacor steel 72 and my Dacor or Aqua Lung Back Packs.

That seems to be a common problem with the double hose regulators. I just got my DA Aquamaster back from Bryan and now I have some silicone hoses coming. What is next?

There are 16 US Divers Double Hose Regs to collect, plus a Phoenix Conversion making 17.
Double Hose Regulator Time-Line

Then there are a bunch of Voits, The Viking Beer Can, Dacor, Heathways,......

This is a Disease , sell the house, the wife, the kids, the dog, ......

I have noticed that quite a few of the double hose posters on this forum have some impressive collections. They sure are cool and I seem to have gotten an itch that needs some more scratching...

I think that I have to blame it all on Nemrod, I read a comment from him on here comparing double hose regulators to hot rods. Now that VDH has rebuilt and rechromed my DA Aquamaster, I am thinking of a fire engine red powdercoated double hose. Have any of you guys powdercoated any of your regs?

I did not do mine in powder coat but it has been done. A search on VDH will turn up a few photo sets. I think I remember seeing them in Black and Yellow but I could be wrong abut the yellow.

I have noticed that quite a few of the double hose posters on this forum have some impressive collections. They sure are cool and I seem to have gotten an itch that needs some more scratching...

I think that I have to blame it all on Nemrod, I read a comment from him on here comparing double hose regulators to hot rods. Now that VDH has rebuilt and rechromed my DA Aquamaster, I am thinking of a fire engine red powdercoated double hose. Have any of you guys powdercoated any of your regs?

Anything I can do to make your life more diffucult just let me know, glad to help :D. maybe you should buy some tickets for the Mistral :wink:?

Yes, you can powder coat but it is very easy for the coating to become to thick. I believe vdh has a powder coater lined up or you can find a local. Like I said, however, the coating must not be overly thick or you will not get the diaphram to seat, the clamps may not install and even possibly the cans will not seat to each other.

Aren't they fun, just like a hotrod automobile, next we will have dual exhaust, already got the 4 barrel (Phoenix), well, guess we have the silicone duckbills, dual exhaust covered :cool2:.

N

Nemrod,

I am definately in on the Mistral raffle. I have even picked out some fuzzy dice to hang on the yoke when I get it. Thanks for the info on powdercoating, I will keep that in mind for the next project.

I did not do mine in powder coat but it has been done. A search on VDH will turn up a few photo sets. I think I remember seeing them in Black and Yellow but I could be wrong abut the yellow.

Oh yeah…there is a yellow powder coated Phoenix RAM…and even a light pastel blue. The yellow one belongs to Karl…I think he displays it next to his gold plated 25 year anniversary Royal Aqua Master and now his gold plated Phoenix Royal aqua Master.

Aren't they fun, just like a hotrod automobile, next we will have dual exhaust, already got the 4 barrel (Phoenix),

N

That would be more like a 286 or 327 with a 6-pack with 3 LP and 3 HP ports. Step on the gas and watch the gauge go down.

Today is the last day to buy raffle tickets.
This is a great chance to win a Mistral and it is a great donation to the AHA.

Thanks

Today is the last day to buy raffle tickets.
This is a great chance to win a Mistral and it is a great donation to the AHA.

Thanks

Thanks for the reminder. I almost missed getting in on this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom