virginia beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guss that if you wont to dyve orther day of the wik u hav to mak sure there running a trip, ya no?

pjnf39:
Well dude I DROVE 16 HR on friday to arive around 1:30 am in va beach got about 5hrs sleep call that dive shop and ask that dive shop and they said they were only doing that dive and when I ask about the tower dive they werent doing that dive.
There are four dive shops in Norfolk and Virginia Beach. You might want to call a few more.

Then again, if you talk like you type, they may not understand you.
pjnf39:
So if somone wonts to dive monday or any orther day during the week I guss they tell them they have to come back on the weeked .
It is difficult to make money running boat trips during the week in this area. You could just charter a dive boat. I have charters coming up in September and plenty of open dates between now and then.
pjnf39:
And when I last looked that weeked it was in the uper 80 on the beach.
I have never seen temperature be a determining factor in deciding to dive out of Norfolk in July. I suspect it has never happened.
pjnf39:
And on tueday night I seen the tower on a fishing boat and pepole in the water looking at the fish .
Weather changes. The Saturday 0900 winds at the tower were 17 knots and up. I aborted a dive trip to Doxie Girl based on that and rain squalls.
pjnf39:
Oh ya you said deal with it we did we left early dove 14 hrs and put on my dive gear and jumped in the river . And the next day dove with 4 sealions.
I will be diving with five harbor seals tomorrow evening. It makes for an interesting dive.

I have dove with Lynnhaven and Dive Quarters and they never asked for my DAN card, just my cert card initially. Perhaps they have changed their policies. Either way it is good to keep the insurance up to date. You'll never know when you may need it.

As far as the vis, it can be hit or miss. Your best bet is to call the shops and ask. As stated in the previous replies, I have also seen the vis at 15ft on the Spike and 30 feet on the Morgan. I have also been on the Morgan when it had no more the 10 feet.

I would agree that the diving the OBX has generally better vis and temps. The OBX Dive Center is a great group to go with too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom