Visit to Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, me and some friends are planning a trip to Oahu to do some diving. We are either going to be staying in Waikiki or Kapolei. I was looking to see is someone could give up some places and hopefully some prices for renting gear. We will be renting 2 full sets of gear including tanks and then 1 separate set ot tanks. We arent looking for prices including a charter or anything, just need the gear. Any one have and recommendation? Thanks in advanced.

Most of the dive shops will rent gear. Try and look at it first, you want new and good maintained equipment. Some places have old and very used stuff. Most located near Waikiki. In Kapolei you have only Westside Dive and Tackle and Capt. Bruce's in Waianae. If you are going to the North Shore- Haliewa has Deep Ecology.

Does deep ecology rent tanks?

Excellent! We are staying in the Hauula area (no dive shops around) and I was wanting to do a bit of shore diving at Sharks cove/three tables and since they are right down the road it should be the perfect place to get a tank or two.
I was worried about having to drive into Waikiki to get a tank, this will be so much easier.
Sorry about the thread hijack....

hey dont worry about it, glad my thread could help :) after looking at some of these sites we are actually considering a charter now as well. Especially the ones with pick up at Waikiki, thats pretty awesome. Which places actually allow you to dive tho? I was told some places dont allow you over 50 feet from the boat, is that true?

sjmueller, When are you visiting Oahu? The charters will take you out to the wrecks. I have never hear about boats not allowing you to go beyond 50 feet from the boat. And I have been on many charters.

Right now the plan is in august, but that makes me feel a lot better because im going to see a ton of reefs while im here. being from the mainland I have wrecks to dive as far as the eye can see (and i know reef systems usually grow all over wrecks) but im mainly interested in just seeing all the different wildlife we dont have have, which is basically all of it.

SJMueller, we will be there in August too, maybe we will run into each other? Anyway I planning about the same. A couple of charter dives and a few shore dives. The charter will be first so I can ask a bunch of questions and of course enjoy the wrecks etc. then after I get a feel for what is going on I plan to do the shore dives.
Do you have a schedule figures out yet or are just going to figure it out as you go along? Is there a particular area you will be concentrating on or just go where ever strikes your fancy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom