Visiting downtown Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Ocean Quest. They do two weekly “fun” dives Thursday night and Saturday as I recall. Good shop but not downtown. Also Edge in North Van is a good group do not know their schedule. A trip to Naniamo is pretty easy from downtown Vancouver and is recommended. Whytcliff is a very easy and accessible dive site - and worth doing. There are other sites further up the highway to Whistler as well. Porteau Cove is a marine park. Not much else close in as you are on the Fraser river delta and everything close by is sand and mud. You really need to go to Vancouver Island or go north up the mainland coast (or south toward Seattle) to get to good diving on the mainland.

Good point about Nanaimo. If you like wrecks there are 3 cool artificial reefs (two of which I worked on in the Navy)
Book with these guys Home | shepherdcharters.ca and walk on the Nanaimo Ferry. Their boat is docked 2 minute walk from the ferry terminal. Easy-peasy

+1 for Ocean Quest. They do two weekly “fun” dives Thursday night and Saturday as I recall. Good shop but not downtown. Also Edge in North Van is a good group do not know their schedule. A trip to Naniamo is pretty easy from downtown Vancouver and is recommended. Whytcliff is a very easy and accessible dive site - and worth doing. There are other sites further up the highway to Whistler as well. Porteau Cove is a marine park. Not much else close in as you are on the Fraser river delta and everything close by is sand and mud. You really need to go to Vancouver Island or go north up the mainland coast (or south toward Seattle) to get to good diving on the mainland.

Where is Edge? I did a quick search for them and found an Edge Dive Centre at 973 Marine Drive but it says it is closed. Searching for Edge also returns Sea to Sky Scuba. Did they rename themselves?

I did see a calendar at Quest saying they have a fun dive on Saturdays. That looks good for me.

Thanks
Where is Edge? I did a quick search for them and found an Edge Dive Centre at 973 Marine Drive but it says it is closed. Searching for Edge also returns Sea to Sky Scuba. Did they rename themselves?

I did see a calendar at Quest saying they have a fun dive on Saturdays. That looks good for me.
Looks like Edge has closed - too bad they were good people.

Quest is my #1 in Vancouver so that is a good start for you.

I dive with Ocean Quest whenever I am in Vancouver. They do Thursday evening and Saturday morning dives. Sea to Sky (used to be Edge) does Sunday morning dives. The Vancouver Diving Locker does several dives every month.
There are several facebook groups for meeting dive buddies in the Vancouver area also.

Last edited:
I was in Vancouver in October. I have three non-diving suggestions:
1) Biking around Stanley Park was really cool
2) Bella Gelateria had excellent gelato
3) Edible Canada on Granville Island had an excellent brunch

I highly recommend Diving Locker in Vancouver. They run dives most weekends and every other Wednesday. You can grab the 4th ave bus there it is close to downtown. The shop is large and they drive everyone from the shop to the dive site in vans.

On occasion I have seen them pick up and drop off downtown on the way to the sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom