Visiting England In December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can you come to England for some history and miss out York! (My home town). Shame on you... The Minster, the Bar Walls, the 350+ pubs... Oh, that last one might not be historical, but it sure makes for a good pub crawl!

Gonna miss you, I'm afraid. I now live about 15mins from Cambridge, but when you are there, I will be in Canada seeing the missus' family.

Enjoy the UK – the way the weather has been lately, it will probably be bright sunshine and warm, as our summer has been wet, cold and windy. Good ole' UK...

You may have got the tickets for the West End, but defo make sure she gets the food and drinks in Harrods... Ouch on that price...

Mark

MarkUK:
How can you come to England for some history and miss out York! (My home town). Shame on you... The Minster, the Bar Walls, the 350+ pubs... Oh, that last one might not be historical, but it sure makes for a good pub crawl!

Gonna miss you, I'm afraid. I now live about 15mins from Cambridge, but when you are there, I will be in Canada seeing the missus' family.

Enjoy the UK – the way the weather has been lately, it will probably be bright sunshine and warm, as our summer has been wet, cold and windy. Good ole' UK...

You may have got the tickets for the West End, but defo make sure she gets the food and drinks in Harrods... Ouch on that price...

Mark

It's killing me but OTOH, gives me an excuse to go back someday, right? :wink:

Looking forward to Cambridge- my duaghter went there for summer school one year. I was supposed to go with her but chickened out- couldn't imaging a summer spent with a bunch of college kids in a dorm- even a Cambridge dorm.

Too funny that you'll be on this side of the Atlnatic while I am on yours!

cdiver2:
If you like the theater go and see (if its still running) Blood Brothers, You will have tears in your eyes from sorrow and laughter.

We're musical fans. Wicked & Mary Poppins- I want to see something that I can sing along with. :D

do they still have that monty python show happening????

or is that in NY?

Climb to the top of St. Pauls if you don't mind heights. As well, I haven't seen your itinerary, but go to the British Museum. I love it there. As for M&S - get some candy. Yum! Or a fruit cake, if you like them.

It will be col there - but I'll be suffering right along side - going for the holidays as well. So if I pass you on Oxford Street - I'll say hi! :)

Marvel,

Re 3 Jan;

The British Museum is not in Kensington, but Bloomsbury - you could loose valuable time crossing central London twice. Museums in Kensington are Science Museum (big steam engines and machines) Geological Museum (rocks) and Victoria and Albert (fashions, ceramics). All within a short distance of each other. But not a patch on the British Museum for sheer breadth. The Chinese Terracotta Army will be exhibited while you are in town. The museums are free to enter, but some of the special exhibitions may have a charge (£10-15 ish).

Tips - it is posible to waste time using the tube (Underground trains). The map is schematic - it can sometime be quicker to walk than use the tube, especially is changes are required. You'll see more too. I've just been back to London after a long break (10 years) and it now seems cheap to eat - all you can eat for under £10. Plus drinks. All the usual 'crap in a bap' stuff too. Drink real ale - but don't drive if you do.

Have a good time.

Adrian

Marvel:
We're musical fans. Wicked & Mary Poppins- I want to see something that I can sing along with. :D
Spamalot is great fun :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom