Visiting the NE from Germany - Questions about buddies and gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I'm in Natick, MA for the first week and Coventry, RI next week.
Coventry?! I live in Richmond we'll be neighbors!

Perfect!

---------- Post added July 20th, 2014 at 11:20 AM ----------

AfterDark, your PM limit or box is full.

So, I'm Luke.

My cell while I'm here is (817) 639-2921. It's just a boost prepay, but I'll have unlimited text and minutes, it's just an archaic phone.

I'll check into the hotel on the 26th, Saturday. Let's plan some dives for next weekend!

Also, I totally forgot my sailing gloves, but I did find my old Bass Pro fingerless neoprene fishing gloves, and I brought some 5mm gloves as well. If I gets any colder in boned, as I left the dry glove kit at home.

I PM'd you; next weekend is do able. I like those fingerless fishing gloves for kayak fishing especially during the Fall. If you need tanks I've got plenty, also weights/belt and a couple of spare pairs of sailing gloves XL! :)

Dive 2034: Sunday 7-27-14 0900 Fort Wetherill West Cove, Selchie in LB, Dive_Turkey, Cardis01 and I did a dark, shallow but relatively warm dive temp 70C max depth 30FSW bot 33 min total time 1.5hrs, vis was a dismal 3’-4’ or what I’d expect from FTW these days, cloudy skies, choppy water, high tide, 2200psi 21%. Saw a few togs, some small bait fish, a few spider crabs. Still looking for that ray that hangs there.

Dive 2035: Sunday 7-27-14 1100 Fort Wetherill Fort Cove, Dive_Turkey and I did another dark and shallow dive, a little better this time with 5’-6’ vis at the 30FSW max. The sky was so dark we needed our lights to see anything clearly at 30fsw. Saw a lot Lined Anemones on the underside of the big overhangs which there are a many of in Fort Cove. It is a nice night dive if you can catch about 10’ of vis. Used 2000psi of 21% bot time 30 mins total time 45. It started to rain when we got out. Still no ray.

It was great meeting Dive_Turkey we and good time more than a few laughs and some typical Fort Wetherill diving. Thanks for coming out everyone! It's always enjoyable diving with good solid divers! Looking forward to the next time.

It was a great time! Pretty uneventful dives, but those tend to be the safest so I can't complain. Also, it was good practice for testing out my travel setup. I need to make a few adjustments, and probably invest in a wetsuit at some point, but otherwise it seemed to work out.

Thanks for taking me out. Next time I'll give more advanced notice and put a little extra in the budget for a charter. It was great meeting everyone!

It was a great time! Pretty uneventful dives, but those tend to be the safest so I can't complain. Also, it was good practice for testing out my travel setup. I need to make a few adjustments, and probably invest in a wetsuit at some point, but otherwise it seemed to work out.

Thanks for taking me out. Next time I'll give more advanced notice and put a little extra in the budget for a charter. It was great meeting everyone!

Oh yeah we could have made it more exciting by going to 100+FSW with those 72's but I was tired by the 2nd dive. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom