Visiting the panhandle Jan/Feb 2010..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbm

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I’ll be spending Jan/Feb 2010 in the panhandle ( it’s a snowbird thing ) and am looking to get a fair bit of diving done. I’m RVing it and will be staying at Topsail Hill Preserve state park near Destin from Jan 07-Jan 20 then moving to St. Andrew’s state park near Panama City Beach and staying there Jan 21-Feb 04. I’m then moving inland and taking a cavern course at Merritts Mill Pond near Marianna. On Feb 10th I’m heading back to the Gulf somewhere in the Pensacola/Gulf Shores area and hoping to dive the Oriskany if there is a boat going out.

If anyone in the area wants to meet up and dive, I’m game.

I am particulaly interested in the St. Andrew’s and Destin Jetties (or any other shore dives in the area). If would be great if someone would like to meet up and show me around these sites.

Also, if there are any boat dives going on that have room for another body onboard, give me a shout.

I’m pretty much up for anything..boat dives/shore dives/night dives/ Vortex or other springs.

So if anyone here wants to meet up and do a dive or two, give me a shout.

Best regards; James

James.....I have a pretty flexible schedule. I will shoot you a PM and we will see if we can get something scheduled.

Hi James,

Sounds like a great snowbird trip. Check us out when you get ready to move toward P'cola. We will be running as well and would love to have you aboard, if Gary can't help you out. You can check our calendar online and see what's available. Call if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you out there.

Capt. Jim
www.drdive.com
drdive@drdive.com

algulfdiver/Dr. Dive

Thanks for the replies.

Good to hear you are running trips to the Oriskany in February. I'll be in touch.

Best regards; James

I’m RVing it and will be staying at Topsail Hill Preserve state park near Destin from Jan 07-Jan 20

send [user]photohikedive[/user] a PM. he's a park ranger at Topsail.

he can give you some info on campground site selection, etc...

don't let his name confuse you though. he doesn't dive.... his camera is broken, so he doesn't take photo's anymore either.... I doubt he hikes either. :rofl3:

I am particulaly interested in the St. Andrew’s and Destin Jetties (or any other shore dives in the area). If would be great if someone would like to meet up and show me around these sites.

GlennFWB is an excellent resource for the Destin area as is "SeaYoda". He dives the Destin jetties year round.

You also might want to check out the thread on the "Winter Jetty Fest". It's being held about the time you're down there.

Mike

For boat diving in Panama City call:

850-628-3483 Capt John Lutzny of Better Bottom Time or

850-236-7669 Mike Gomez at Panama City Dive Center. He's located just outside the gate at St. Andrews State Park. For PC jetty diving, just go to PCDC and I'm sure someone will be glad to show you around.

Also, try Divers Den on Thomas Drive 850-234-8717 ask for Mac or Sonya, I'm sure they can help you find someone to shore dive with.

There is no shortage of divers in the panhandle, just shake a bush and they'll fall out!!!

Mike...this is toooo funny....but can you imagine Fred being the Florida welcoming committee?? Might make James want to head back to Canada!:D

send [user]photohikedive[/user] a PM. he's a park ranger at Topsail.

he can give you some info on campground site selection, etc...

don't let his name confuse you though. he doesn't dive.... his camera is broken, so he doesn't take photo's anymore either.... I doubt he hikes either.

Mike s........Thanks for the Topsail contact. I have stayed at Topsail before and am familiar with the park. Campsite is reserved.
Have been talking with GLENFWB regarding jettie diving.
I'll search the "Winter Jetty Fest' thread. Sounds like it could be something worth going to. Thanks.

Baydive20.......thanks for the contact numbers. Much appreciated.

Best regards;
James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom