Viz on the Powerhouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagirl15

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone dove the Powerhouse recently or ever? I'm going Labour Day weekend and would love to know what to expect.

The SOS site says viz is 6-12 feet early or late season. That's a touchy-feely dive!

What's the scoop?

Thanks!

scubagirl15:
Anyone dove the Powerhouse recently or ever? I'm going Labour Day weekend and would love to know what to expect.

The SOS site says viz is 6-12 feet early or late season. That's a touchy-feely dive!

What's the scoop?

Thanks!

I'd say closer to 20 - 30 feet.
I've done it twice this year (May and July) and both times the viz was great.

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Hi
I'm just getting started in all of this. Where is "The Powerhouse". Sounds interesting as I used to work for Ontario Hydro. Any details or links to info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Milles Roches.
which doesn't exist anymore :D
Milles roches, Moulinette, Aultsville, and Dickinsons Landing were all villages that were flooded in the late 50's when the Cornwall Power Dam was built and the St Lawrence river water level raised by as much as 30 feet in places.

well its a lot easier to explain if I just show you a bunch of pictures before and after so to speak :D
http://www.library.cornwall.on.ca/DP/Coll_Index.htm

scubagirl15:

I dove it less than 7 hours ago, my ninth lifetime dive on it, and surprisingly the best viz I ever had for this site. Of course, let's not get carried away, Brockville this is not, I would say we got 20-22 feet under overcast skies.

Same observation for the others on the boat who dove it at least once before.

wow! This powerhouse looks like a great spot. Thanks for all the "stuff" everyone. I think I would really like this dive but it doesn't look good for fitting it in this year. I'm about 4 hours from there so would like to make a few dives and a couple of days out of the trip probably. I'll check into it more over the winter and get some buddies together or maybe organize a get-together through this site next season?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom