Voit Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regulator bj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for a drawing and any information on the att "Voit" manifold email litremeter@talktalk.net thanks VOIT MANIFOLD.jpgVOIT WITH RESERVE PULL CABLE.jpgBERNI ATTWOOD.jpg

You should post this question at VintageDoubleHose.com
There have been several discussions about that manifold over there and I believe several divers are using them. You may even find some good information by doing a search over there.

The Voit/ Swimaster service manual that I have doesn't have that manifold, it only has the newer valves and manifolds.

Good luck

Regulator bj & Luis,

I was designed by Fred Roberts in the early 1960s when he was an engineer at Voit as a universal manifold that would fit most dive cylinders of that era.
Like the whip reserve and the fiberglass back pack which were also Fred's contributions it was not well received by the diving public, who were not receptive to a radical change in equipment design.

After entering the market it was discovered it was subject to excessive leakage. After a year or two was removed from Voit's inventory. I suspect there are a few of these manifolds still bouncing around in sheds and dusty dive lockers but as a collectable would be considered some what rare design and a good find.

I will return with the year introduced, price and model numbers after the holiday merriment settles down to a roar ...

SDM

Thanks Luis H /Sam,
In the last hours via VDH the Voit catalogues had it listed 1963/65 with a part no. VTK/VTJ with the reserve valve, will wait until 2014 for added input.

This manifold is detailed in Fred Roberts' book, Basic Scuba. It looks like this manifold was never intended for 3/4 inch tank openings, and was only available in 1/2 inch tapered thread. It also appears that your valve (pictured) is missing the dip tubes and their filters.
Voit Manifold002.jpgVoit Manifold001.jpg

Just a piece of "triviality" a buddy of mine has pointed out that the rigs in the film "Thunderball" film were fitted with this manifoldVOIT MANIFOLF.JPG1.jpgVOIT MANIFOLF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom