Volume of christolube for atomic reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@superstar made a "how to" vid of packing a MK10. It's pretty much the same way I do it, except I have less waste. The surplus grease goes into a zip lock bag for later use. Then I fill the boot up before installing.
Doesn’t this method potentially introduce lube on the high pressure side of the piston o-ring? He fills the ambient pressure side of the housing with grease then pushes the piston/bullet through it, doesn’t this push some grease into the HP chamber? Would this be a concern? Maybe if the bullet slides through without touching the sides and drops out this is not an issue?

Would this be a concern?

I have the same concern, so I use the bottom half of the o-ring insertion tool to prevent grease from flowing into the hp chamber.
piston stem insertion tools .jpg

Honestly though, with a very thick grease like Dow 111 it's probably not an issue. However it would behoove you to check before inserting the piston. PTFE grease is more likely to need a dam of some sort. I've always used the tool bottom when packing the chamber with either type of grease, so I cannot say for sure.

I have the same concern, so I use the bottom half of the o-ring insertion tool to prevent grease from flowing into the hp chamber.
View attachment 583761

Honestly though, with a very thick grease like Dow 111 it's probably not an issue. However it would behoove you to check before inserting the piston. PTFE grease is more likely to need a dam of some sort. I've always used the tool bottom when packing the chamber with either type of grease, so I cannot say for sure.
That makes sense, I didn’t consider using the insertion tool as a safeguard, good idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom