Volunteer Diving for the Nat Aqarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello out there. I know its a late reply but I had some trouble with my screen-name. Thanks for all the info...I passed the screening. I'm now number 12 on the wait list.

jim

Throwback:
Hello out there. I know its a late reply but I had some trouble with my screen-name. Thanks for all the info...I passed the screening. I'm now number 12 on the wait list.

jim

Congratulations, Jim!

It is a long process, but be patient. I've been diving at NAIB since last August, and it really is a lot of fun. You get to meet interesting people, feed all kinds of animals, and basically play underwater even in the dead of winter.

I really is something I look forward to ever other week. Feel free to ask any questions (includes anyone).

Thanks SeaHunt i appreciate it. I also signed up to do the diver interaction program while waiting to do the dive training but have not heard back on that yet. I am very eager to get started. How long did you have to wait for a spot to open?

Throwback:
Thanks SeaHunt i appreciate it. I also signed up to do the diver interaction program while waiting to do the dive training but have not heard back on that yet. I am very eager to get started. How long did you have to wait for a spot to open?

I finished the last orientation class in March, and was called in July. I understand that my team was the first to get new divers, so three of us were called before the others. Last year was not typical though, because they brought in more divers than usual due to Sharkquest. I know of some divers that were still waiting in September.

This tread finally prompted me. I've been meaning to submit an application for forever... finally sent my contact info in yesterday.

So begins the long wait, I suppose.

saying:
This tread finally prompted me. I've been meaning to submit an application for forever... finally sent my contact info in yesterday.

So begins the long wait, I suppose.

Good luck with the process, saying. Normally the written test is held in the fall, but this year it was January, so you do indeed have a long wait. The written test is how they weed out about half of the initial applicants, followed by the pool testing and interview. I was very surprised to see about 120 people at the written test! Keep your chin up, I found it all to be worth it (so far at least!).

If testing is once a year it may be a while. But it seems like there is plenty of waiting involved in the process..but the screening was kinda fun. I found the most important thing was to listen carefully to directions and go in with a clear understanding of the aquairiums goals (education and conservation). Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom