Volunteers Wanted for Round Table Discussions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suggestion for a future round table ( I don't want to pollute your CCR thread anymore):

What should you get out of OW certification?
There are endless discussions about poor quality training, but perhaps we are asking the wrong questions or have the wrong expectations of what an OW diver should be. For that matter, if a person is learning in clear warm water, can even the best training prepare them for cold mud diving somewhere else? Are we expecting top much from people who aspire to nothing more than to follow a DM around on vacation?

Perhaps see if you can recruit some new divers into the discussion to talk about their certification experiences and what they wanted from the class.

Suggestion for a future round table ( I don't want to pollute your CCR thread anymore):

There are endless discussions about poor quality training, but perhaps we are asking the wrong questions or have the wrong expectations of what an OW diver should be. For that matter, if a person is learning in clear warm water, can even the best training prepare them for cold mud diving somewhere else? Are we expecting top much from people who aspire to nothing more than to follow a DM around on vacation?

Perhaps see if you can recruit some new divers into the discussion to talk about their certification experiences and what they wanted from the class.
I like it, I will try to gather a group for this discussion.

Recently, there was a post about AOW disappointment. I reached out to the author of that thread and have an interview with him. I will also ask him if he would like to join a discussion on this topic.

I will include you as well. Once We can get 1-2 more people I will send out an email.

Ok. I would very much like to participate, but my life is pretty chaotic right now. Hopefully at some point things will settle down to where I can commit to being online at a certain time with a stable internet connection and a modern enough computer.

Ok. I would very much like to participate, but my life is pretty chaotic right now. Hopefully at some point things will settle down to where I can commit to being online at a certain time with a stable internet connection and a modern enough computer.
No worries, let me know when you can make one and we will figure something out

tempted, but I would just annoy people
That could make the podcast a bit more “spicy” 😂

I have teached an open water course and after only 19 dives, the diver felt safe to conduct his first solodive. Haha.
(We had discussed solodiving during the course because I am a solodiver sometimes, so I told about the 100 dives rule, not for everybody, now now, etc. But he wanted to practise things and could not find a buddy and decided to go solo before 100 dives. I could only advice of course, and he decided to go and ignore advices. ) But I can say, practising the thing he wanted to do without a buddy helped him really when I dove with him later. He just did 1 dive, but it helped him.

Back
Top Bottom