Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
If you're PADI, your certification can be verified on-line.
Nope NAUI, but thanks...

Thanks for all the input guys. I dove Morrison during my AOW course in '99 and it was pretty decent, but it sounds like the conditions aren't that great right now. I'll call them and see what the situation is.

Gators are in florida freshwater. You better believe it. I've swam with them at two springs.

-V

Vayu:
Gators are in florida freshwater. You better believe it. I've swam with them at two springs.
I see you're from Gainseville...(I went to the other school
seminole%20head.jpg
)
I'm not afraid of 'gators, just kidding.

When I was doing my night dive for AOW at Morrison, we thought we saw a gator and no one would go into the water. After it didn't move for half an hour we decided to go ahead. It was a log.

Vayu:

-V

Alexander and where else? I'm jealous!

Primdrumma:
Nope NAUI, but thanks...

Thanks for all the input guys. I dove Morrison during my AOW course in '99 and it was pretty decent, but it sounds like the conditions aren't that great right now. I'll call them and see what the situation is.
Im sure NAUI can be verified by phone also.

Fish_Whisperer:
I'd like to dive Morrison. Last time we were down there, we were put off by a sign that read, "Snakes & Alligators May Be Present In Water. Swim At Your Own Risk." LOL

F_W... YOU AREN'T SWIMMING....YOU'RE DIVING...:D

I've dove both Vortex and Morrison. Vortex will check for your cert. card for sure. Can someone fax you a copy or fax a copy to the dive shop there? They might take that. I don't think they checked at Morrison. I liked the dive at Morrison better. But if the river is up, you can forget good viz...it will be lame. I don't care for Vortex that much. As it is said, "The best springs in life are free." For what it costs to dive Vortex, I'd rather be diving off a boat in Panama City in the cold, choppy gulf at this time of year. Either way, I hope your dive goes well.

As far as that warning sign goes, I saw no snakes or alligators there in October, which was the last time I dove Morrison. Got into some hellacious fire ants, though, when I took my booties off. That's another story for another day! Even if there were slitheries and gators in there, I would have still dove. That day had some
fan-smacking-tastic viz, probably the best for freshwater diving I've done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom