Vote for ScubaKevDM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does it go with a catchy little ditty that goes something like:

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty diving man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Six divers set sail that day
For a three dive tour, a three dive tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The explorer would be lost, the explorer would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted tropical isle
With KevDM
The Skipper too,
The MOFer and the nonMOFer,
Two DNYers,
The Chairman and Joystershell,
Here on Boyton Beach.

So this is the tale of the castways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.

The first mate, Kev, and the Skipper too,
Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primative as can be.

So join us here each week my freinds,
You're sure to get a smile,
From eight stranded castways,
Here on "Kevin Metz's Isle."

It's probably gonna be rejected for lack of positive comments and a good discription of why he's a good DM !!!:shakehead:

Hey..I think mselenaous' poem is fantastic. I only commented that the people who are reading/judging the submitted letters are being so picky, that I felt they would probably send it back stating it needed more specific reasons/examples why Kev is such a great DM. Sorry if I didn't get my point across correctly in previous post.
You go mselenaous !! Great job !!

I sent my letter off -- kinda sappy but complete with my envy of his rise from the Rusty bicycle days to bussiness owner--- tossed in some dive skill stories too.

HOw many letters can we send? *G*

Robert Davis Aventura FL Lauderdale Diver 1799

Kevin Metz Boynton Beach Fl Underwater Explorers 1967

Robert Davis?? has anyone ever heard of this guy at all? I get around a bit but not as much in the So Florida area as many of you do. Wish I had his DOB to look him up on the various diving agency PRO sites to get his diving history....

IF Kevin was to get trumped it should at least be by a Hot Chick who is sleeping with the Judges..

PS-- Anyone have a copy of the Dive Chronicles magazine laying around? I read the website and it sounds interesting covering travel, local Rec diving and the latest in Tech diving. I might even get a subscription since I have not seen it locally here in St Lucie County.

Although I am going to wait until Dec to make up my mind on the subscription... :wink:

I sent my letter off -- kinda sappy but complete with my envy of his rise from the Rusty bicycle days to bussiness owner--- tossed in some dive skill stories too.

HOw many letters can we send? *G*

I sent mine in, two days ago, even did the Read Receipt Requested thingy. No acknowledgment. :shakehead:

I'm still having a problem wondering where in heck all of Kevin's points are. 4 days ago on November 9th he had 1942 points. Now 4 days later he only has 30 more points on November 13th. If there are supposed to be 15 points given for these letters that have been submitted, where are all of the points? Heck, 30 points is nothing for a week of just regular voting let alone a dozen or so letters of recommendation!

And this dude from Ft Lauderdale, no doubt he exists, but how can a guy be within 150 points or so of Kevin and no one has talked much of him on this huge Scuba Diving Forum? I mean, if he's so good, why hasn't anyone raved about him, talked about an awesome trip diving with him or whatever? Many of us have been on this board for a lot of years. Has anybody ever heard of him other than the couple posts that we put in here?

I'm just really concerned that all of our letters aren't getting credited. It's time to call the Scuba FBI!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom