Vr3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kydaka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever had their VR3 computer register false depths and dives that didn't occur? Mine recently did both while diving in Mexico. First time was at 60' when the VR3 suddenly flashed that I was at 119' and called for a deco stop blah blah. (I had two 'puters the other an oceanic pro plus 2) the next day dive the VR3 did the same thing and actually continued to register new dives after I got home. I ended up pulling the battery out. Anyone got any ideas what went wrong before I send it back for a check-up?

Not sure what is exactly, but my VR3 has been acting that weird too. I read somewhere this is an issue with the new kind of depth sensor they're using now, or that the sensor has some sort of leakage... What I did find out as a short term solution until I send mine to service (I'm currently in Brazil and I don't want to pay outrageous importation taxes when the serviced computer comes back) is that if you remove the battery for at least 30min to 1 hour the problem goes away, and the computer is good for about 4-6 dives.

Thanks rmc77. I did that while in Mexico (removed the battery) and it did last a couple of dives but I'm glad I had another computer as at the moment I don't trust the VR3 for dives until this is straightened out

It's most likely a faulty pressure transducer. It's a common problem with the VR3. The only thing you can do is send it back to the UK for a replacement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom