VRBO with good shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks! Ill look into it. I enjoyed Andrea when i dove it last time.. The entries were a bit rough. lol

Yeah... I recall... my wife and I tried to dive right at the bottom of the stairs, we struggled for 5 or 8 minutes before turning back. Just as we hit the beach after failing a couple was having their morning coffee on their patio (ocean front, overlooking the beach). They yelled down to us, "Don't even try it... pick an entry point by the marker".

They were right, we walked a bit further and had an 'average' Bonaire entry.

What is directly to the west of Hamlet Oasis? Between it and the water blocking the view?

other villas right? IDK the area that well.

Some of the houses I mentioned - the back of the property is on the water - not a short walk down steps past the dive shop. Some of the Belnem rentals have stairs into the water just past their patio - the yards are actually shorter than usual.
A couple have a tiny beach.

ie - if you walk out the patio door, past the private pool and walk 20 more feet you fall in the ocean.
Villas | Piet boon

We stay at Belmar. From my patio I skirted the pool, walked down about 8 steps and was on the dive dock. I don't think the shore entry at Dive Friedns/Cliff is that easy - all those rocks. Better dive though.

That's how I define waterfront - actually being on the water. Isn't Hamlet across a minor street also?

By your definition, Buddy Dive and all the others along that strip aren't on the waterfront either. And only SOME of the houses at Belnam are. Apparently, unless you can step from your door into the water, it isn't on the waterfront. I believe most people consider themselves to be on the waterfront if they don't have to get into a vehicle or walk several minutes to get to the water. And I'll take Cliff over Belnam for diving anyday.

Too picky, pedantic ==> Ignore

By your definition, Buddy Dive and all the others along that strip aren't on the waterfront either. And only SOME of the houses at Belnam are. Apparently, unless you can step from your door into the water, it isn't on the waterfront. I believe most people consider themselves to be on the waterfront if they don't have to get into a vehicle or walk several minutes to get to the water. And I'll take Cliff over Belnam for diving anyday.

Waterfront is a simple term. You either border the water or don't. Everyone I know wouldn't consider the Hamlet places waterfront, but obviously consider the waterfront villas there to be.

I didn't say they were waterfront. Nor Eden Beach, most of Habitat - except the new units or many of the other properties. I could make a case for Harbour Village since you hit the beach just off your patio at many of the villas but their shore dive is not great. It seems like most of the dive resorts in that area are built with the units perpendicular to the water to minimize their expensive footprint on it. otoh, when I google oceanfront condos - Welcome to Belmar Bonaire - Belmar Bonaire shows up.

So what happens when you walk due west from your Hamlet Oasis rental front door. Do you fall into the water or do you run into one of those white villas that are waterfront.? What's the view from your patio like?

All I'm trying to do i suggest options based on what the OP asked for - not (as is apparent) the only place you've stayed besides Cocoa Palm in Belnem. Neither of which meet any normal definition of waterfornt except that they're on an island so may have ocean views.

Agree with you on Cliff being better than Belmar's dive. However the Hooker, Angel City, Invisibles and many others are also in Belnem. I'll take being 5 mins. from them over Cliff any day.Although Bari is not too far from there, but Den Laman or Sand Dollar condos are on it. And Dive Friends also boat dives off the Den Laman dock for the 26 dives sites off Klein Bonaire.

Pedantic? What part of some - the term I used twice to describe the Belnem properties is so difficult to grasp that you had to capitalize it?

Here's one for you - NONE of Hamlet Oasis is waterfornt...

You can't put me on ignore dude, I'm a mod.
:rofl3:

You can't put me on ignore dude, I'm a mod.
:rofl3:

I don't need to set some toggle to ignore you "DUDE". I see your "name" and ignore the post. Simple. Doesn't matter if you think you're a hot $h1t "MOD" or not. It's easy to just ignore your posts.

good morning gang. We just got back from Bonaire ( Capt. Dons) in November. First time there, and loved it.
We’re already planning a return trip in May 2019, but we’re looking for a more VRBO type setup this one around. We prefer to cook our own meals , and have a little more peace and quiet than most “ resorts” offer.
I’d love to find a good option that had great shore diving in the “front yard”. Any suggestions?
How many people in your group?

I don't need to set some toggle to ignore you "DUDE". I see your "name" and ignore the post. Simple. Doesn't matter if you think you're a hot $h1t "MOD" or not. It's easy to just ignore your posts.
And yet you responded to a person you are allegedly ignoring.

Shame you couldn't answer my questions about Hamlet's location (not) on the waterfront for the benefit of th e OP instead of descending into insults.

and now you're on ignore. censor avoidance is a ToS violattion by the way - you remember the ToS don't you? - you agreed to it when you joined..

($10 says you read this...)

With just 2 take a look at Coral Paradise.

We are the owners of the studio mentioned in the second post "Ocean front Studio"
Ocean-Front, Bari Reef Studio (A4) with Gor... - VRBO
I am reading all of the arguments about whether or not a property is ocean front.
I can absolutely tell you that we are ocean front, as all of Sand Dollar is. I am currently sitting on my second floor, ocean front screened porch looking directly at the blue water. There is nothing between me and the water 75' away except an almond tree and a coral sea wall, then a sandy beach and blue water. That is truly ocean front, ocean view and easy access to Bari reef via our private pier which is about 100' away.
In the true sense, ocean front means there is nothing between you and the water that inhibits your view or access-no roads, no houses, no visual or physical blockages. Look at our vrbo site and you can see the view from our porch.
I hope you will come and see for yourself.
Dive safe
Vann

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom