VT3 issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drakkar67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone experienced the VT3 losing the link to the transmiter while diving. I lost link 15 times in one 48 min dive. Seems to concern me a little hoping its not a problem with the unit. This is my first wireless computer.

It loses connection for me every now and then. It all depends on where your arm is while diving. Did you notice what position you were in when it lost signal? Horizontal with arms out front works best for me. Do you wear the computer and the transmitter on the same side?

Arm position can have an effect as can the placement of the transmitter on your first stage. (trying a different HP port can help or hurt the situation)
Another problem that has popped up is oxidation or dirt on the battery contacts of the transmitter or battery. Finally possibility is a weak transmitter battery. Other than those helping a service may be needed.

The only time I had ever experienced a signal loss was diving in the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. All the other lakes and ocean dives had been zero problems.

Never lost a signal. Because of how close together my hoses are on my first (Cressi MC7), I need to use a H.P. port extender, which makes the transmitter stick out about an inch from my first stage. Nice little piece of hardware. Makes getting a wrench on the thing much easier, too. I don't know if that has anything to do with me not losing a signal.

Aqua High Pressure Port Extender

I don't have any problems when I dive with my hand on the back of my neck. Otherwise, I occasionally lose the transmitter link. Fresh batteries are always helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom