Vyper Air "Complete" version purchase from LEISURE PRO - **BEWARE!!**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esguerra1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone....regarding the Suunto Vyper Air "COMPLETE" version from Leisure Pro:

I posted a review on Leisure Pro's website but since it was somewhat negative it was rejected. So I'm posting it here.

I usually have good experiences with Leisure Pro but not this time. If any of you are considering purchasing the VYPER AIR "COMPLETE" version please note it DOES NOT come with the PC Interface/USB cable as they previously reported. I purchased the Vyper Air from them - the "Complete" kit as advertised. In the "ask the pro" section of their website, one customer specifically asked if the "complete" kit comes with the USB cable (as these are expensive and difficult to find). The reply was a definitive "Yes, the PC interface is included." Great, I thought, so I purchased it. When I received my computer, of course NO CABLE!

I queried Leisure Pro staff and they sent me a one-line email saying, "Checked our description, cable is not included." I went back to their website "ask the pro" section and sure enough, they changed their answer to - "no, the cable is not included." Simple mistake or misleading advertising/poor customer service? A bit of both. But the way they handled it was poor. A simple "our apologies for this oversight" would have been appreciated. Pretty cheeky to just change their answer and imply the customer is wrong. I strongly dislike companies that underestimate the competency of their customers. So just beware, there is NO USB CABLE included with the Vyper Air "COMPLETE" package. "Complete" just means it comes with the wireless transmitter.

That being said, the computer is great. I know LP is NOT a Suunto authorized dealer so pls. no replies concering this. Just want the rest of you out there to be informed.

I paid $10 more at my LDS, to my suprise when I opened the box there was the Download Cable included from the manufacturer.

I wonder how much Leisure Pro makes selling those D/L cables you already paid for to someone else?

I only paid $712 a few weeks ago @ scubastore.com including the transmitter and cable. There $750 now..

They previously stated it did come with the cable so I would guess they have to honour that by law.

55897202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
esguerra1, I am very sorry to hear about the miscommunication here and sorry you feel you were misled by us. Firstly let me say that if you were led to believe by us or our website that this computer came with the PC interface cable we will be more than happy to take care of that for you and get a cable out to you at no charge. I know that ask a pro questions and answers are edited every so often due to mistakes or to make them more clear. I can see why this question was most likely edited; on the “includes” section of our site it says that the Wrist Computer, Transmitter are included. If it was stated in the ask a pro that it also included the pc cable then I am sure we got a couple more questions regarding the conflicting information and someone looked into it further and got the answers straightened out. I do not know if you have already contacted us regarding the cable not being included with your computer or not, but feel free to contact me directly via PM or on the phone at X 2327 to get this straightened out. Since a couple of people in this thread also seem to have received the cable with their purchases from other places I will look into including a PC cable in all of the Vyper Air complete kits (and noting that in the includes and ask a pro sections too).

I have to say I had the exact opposite experience when I ordered my D9 from LP. It said on the website that it did not include the cable, but when I opened the box, there it was.

On the flip side, the instruction manual was in Spanish, but luckily you can download the English version from the Suunto site.

Guess I am just lucky.

esguerra1, I am very sorry to hear about the miscommunication here and sorry you feel you were misled by us. Firstly let me say that if you were led to believe by us or our website that this computer came with the PC interface cable we will be more than happy to take care of that for you and get a cable out to you at no charge. I know that ask a pro questions and answers are edited every so often due to mistakes or to make them more clear. I can see why this question was most likely edited; on the “includes” section of our site it says that the Wrist Computer, Transmitter are included. If it was stated in the ask a pro that it also included the pc cable then I am sure we got a couple more questions regarding the conflicting information and someone looked into it further and got the answers straightened out. I do not know if you have already contacted us regarding the cable not being included with your computer or not, but feel free to contact me directly via PM or on the phone at X 2327 to get this straightened out. Since a couple of people in this thread also seem to have received the cable with their purchases from other places I will look into including a PC cable in all of the Vyper Air complete kits (and noting that in the includes and ask a pro sections too).

To Brett & Everyone Else -

I feel I owe everyone an update. Leisure Pro has contacted me personally and mentioned they will send me the USB cable.

I am also happy to say/see that Leisure Pro has re-edited their "ASK THE PRO" question which TheDeep managed to copy above. However, as of 14 July 2009 13:40 ET, it still has not been updated in the "INCLUDES" section. That said, according to Brett's post above, it seems like all future buyers of the Vyper Air "COMPLETE" version SHOULD have a USB cable included. I believe that more accurately represents a "COMPLETE" version. That's good news for all of us. Good job everyone!

Sorry to put everyone through this, but I felt I had a valid complaint and I want to make it clear that I appreciate Leisure Pro's service recovery.

Sorry to put everyone through this, but I felt I had a valid complaint and I want to make it clear that I appreciate Leisure Pro's service recovery.

There is nothing for you to apologize for or retract...

You purchased something and there was an issue.

You contacted the Retailer and they failed to satisfy your concerns.

Then you took your issue to a public forum, in the proper manner. You didn't call names or cry wolf, you stated the facts and let us make our own judgements.

The retailer apparently found useful information in the replies to your OP, they are correcting the situation.

Everybody wins.

Good Job...

I have to say I had the exact opposite experience when I ordered my D9 from LP. It said on the website that it did not include the cable, but when I opened the box, there it was.

On the flip side, the instruction manual was in Spanish, but luckily you can download the English version from the Suunto site.

Guess I am just lucky.

If you are like me, my download printed out was over 35 pages of 8x11 and too big to carry around on Dive trips what with the added weight and the ink running when it gets wet. I contacted Aqualung to a customer service lady named Tracy and for less than $10 she sent me a complete booklet and a quick reference card, I have the Geko model. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom