Vyper air simulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airizzy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I rented the Vyper air for the dive simulator today. I wanted to try the Vyper Air before deciding to buy. I noticed a few things that created a couple questions. First, I noticed that after descending below 60 ft a deep stop message appeared but after ascending to the indicated depth the deep stop timer never started. Is this a glitch in the sim or am I doing something wrong. I also noticed that the ascent rate indicator is not displayed in compass mode. Is this correct? I didn't find anything in the manual that indicated that this is true. I am already a little disappointed that the ascent rate indicator is off in gauge mode so if it not shown in compass mode then it may be a deal breaker.

I have also tried the VT3 and found that it was a very nice computer. The only reason for the interest in the Vyper over the VT3 is the user settable altitude setting on the Vyper. I have had two Sherwood computers that have had the automatic altitude adjust stop working right. A manual setting seems better to me.

I have watched the Suunto Vyper air classes and used the Vyper Air in the sim. I asked about the ascent rate indicator showing during the use of the compass in a different post and you said that there was a glitch in the sim. I took this to mean that the ascent rate indicator does indeed display while in compass mode. Could you please clarify and confirm this. Thank you.

Hi,
we are still not yet sure :depressed:

We sent an email to our contact in Suunto (Finland) asking for clarification.

We have a Vyper Air here but I don't know yet when I will be able to take it out for a real dive ... hopefully the week-end after next. I need a nitrogen fix :D

Good to hear. I have one on order. It looks like the compass screen in the sim was made too large. You can see an edge that extends over the ascent graph and the tank pressure graph so you can't see either one. I played with the
Cobra 3 sim and it does the same thing. I'm know it take a lot of programing to get everything spot on and you guys do a great job. Thank for all the hard work.

Airizzy

Good to hear. I have one on order. It looks like the compass screen in the sim was made too large. You can see an edge that extends over the ascent graph and the tank pressure graph so you can't see either one.
We are going to fix it asap

..... I'm know it take a lot of programing to get everything spot on and you guys do a great job.....
We have developed a nice internal tool that allows us to quickly fix those kind of issues ... the problem is in finding the time to use the tool :depressed:

You should see an updated version of the Vyper Air (and Cobra 3) in the sim very very soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom