W1 and W2 Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheeky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm shopping around for a 7mm suit (dry isn't in the budget) and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the W series suits by WaterProof. Also interested in alternative suit suggestions. Thanks

I have a 7mm W2 and love it. It is basically a semi-dry, easy to slip into and off, flexible and comfortable in water T as low as 10 degrees C. I have tried many different brands and this is my favorite.

I have a 3mm and love it. Same comment as jcfacy. My 3 is more like a 5 because of the wrist and ankle seals, plus they have more than just S, M and L sizes so its the best fitting wetsuit I've ever tried. Almost no water movement. I have never heard anyone complain about a waterproof suit and I constantly get compliments on mine. It is visibly superior to anything else out there. If it must be a wetsuit, you should go for the WP.

i have a 7mm W1 - good suit for reasonably cold water. i only use it now if i can't use my dry suit for some reason however.
the interior is nicely done with the quilted lining and the cuffs do work for water intrustion.
I only buy front zip suits as well. that way you can vent the suit if you are too hot under water.

I agree they are supior to anything else on the market. I even added Halcyon pockets to mine

I've been looking into a W1 or W2 suit as well for colder diving environments, and these things were built for rigid cold Scandinavian dives, while I don't have any personal experience with them, everyone that uses them guarantees that if you can't get your hands on a drysuit, a Waterproof fullsuit is your best bet at keeping warm

I like the BARE Velocity 7MM, it is just as good of a suit but is less money which is always good in my book.

I agree about the velocity have a 3/2 for warm water but for cold water it doesn't have the additional neoprene on spine and kidneys. In my opinion that is a definite minus for cold water.

I have a W1 7mm suit. I love it, it is the best wetsuit I have ever owned or used. As mentioned before the seals on it work very well and it keeps the water from moving around, which keeps you warmer. The draw backs to the suit are obviously the cost, if you have broad shoulders, you have to have a buddy help pull the suit off the shoulders, or you wind up looking like a retard in a straight jacket in the parking lot trying to get it off yourself. Another issue i have had is the collar and neck seal is very stiff, and a little bothersome at the surface, other than that I love the suit. Wish i have bought it sooner.

I can only find the W1 7mm in limited sizes.......discontinued? But I see the W2 is a rear zip, not what I really want. Can you get it in front zip?

I have a W1 7mm and I LOVE it. I have only recently started diving with it but I have been down in 54F degree water and was super comfortable. The wrist and ankle seals work very well and I have to drain them out before I take the suit off. My gf has a 7mm WaterProof Aeris and she won't dive anything else. We are both toasty warm diving up in the quarries of PA. We both highly recommend anything WaterProof. The W1 is front zip with the W2 being back zip.

Back
Top Bottom