Waist Pocket/pouch for BP/Wings setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NuttyGambler

Reaction score
I purchased a SS BP and Pioneer last summer, and dove it 8 times. Doing a Cozumel trip at the end of February, and want some type of pocket or pouch to connect to the waist strap

I can NOT see myself paying $89 for Halycon pocket/pouch. I mean come on, that is outragous for that little thing There has to be other options. I want something like that.

I found a small tackle box, that would work, it has velcro on the back for connecting it to bike handle bars. BUT, It is a little too thick, has a zipper (would rust quickly), and would need to pop some holes in it to drain. Now at less then $10, replacing it every so often is not a bad deal, but it does seem a little to puffy.

I am looking for something to to put a writing tablet, small flashlight, small reel, and sausage in. I know all this could be hanging off the BP, but I don't like the christmas tree look either, and on dive boats this stuff always seems to take abuse hanging from the HARD backplate.

Any ideas for me? Please no pockets on wetsuit/dry suits. I don't want to go that route.

NuttyGambler once bubbled...
I purchased a SS BP and Pioneer last summer, and dove it 8 times. Doing a Cozumel trip at the end of February, and want some type of pocket or pouch to connect to the waist strap

I can NOT see myself paying $89 for Halycon pocket/pouch. I mean come on, that is outragous for that little thing There has to be other options. I want something like that.

I found a small tackle box, that would work, it has velcro on the back for connecting it to bike handle bars. BUT, It is a little too thick, has a zipper (would rust quickly), and would need to pop some holes in it to drain. Now at less then $10, replacing it every so often is not a bad deal, but it does seem a little to puffy.

I am looking for something to to put a writing tablet, small flashlight, small reel, and sausage in. I know all this could be hanging off the BP, but I don't like the christmas tree look either, and on dive boats this stuff always seems to take abuse hanging from the HARD backplate.

Any ideas for me? Please no pockets on wetsuit/dry suits. I don't want to go that route.

How about some of these pockets http://www.diverite.com/products/bcd/pockets.htm

Check out the OMS pockets that Leisure Pro sells. Deep Outdoors also has alot of different pockets available.

You could just sew or glue a pocket to your wetsuit. I used the dive rite thigh pocket pictured above and cut off all the attachment points and sewed it onto my shorty.

For the ideas, list price is much more reasonable then the Halcyon pockets.

I was shown how to take bellowed pockets (similar to Halcyon's) and have them sewn to a pair of stretch shorts. Slide those on over your wetsuit and you have instant pockets that can go with any suit you wear. The crotch strap keeps them from sliding down if you don't have a perfect fit. Easy and far more cost effective.

Dude, Diverite is the way. I have the thigh pocket which I can use on any suit and on my right side I have the medium pocket on the waist belt. It works great as a place to put the long hose under...since I don't have a canister light yet...=-)

This has two zippered pockets, one large one shallow. Two drain holes and webbing to slide over a two inch belt.

Follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page on left to get a view of it.

Pocket

Hallmac

I have the overpriced Halcyon and I like it. I like the firm back so it doesn't roll up and it's great at securing my 7ft primary hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom