Walking and using boat ladder with Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gpulsar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've seen a few comments, that you can actually use your FF to use the ladder on a boat. Is this true?. I would have thought that wet polyurethane we would make you slip on a ladder...please advise. I would also like to know comments on how they feel when walking on them.

Last edited:
Boat decks, ladders and fins can be very slippery when wet. Caution is advised at all times. Removing fins in a heavy swell can be more dangerous.

If you take care with a good hand rail hold, it is possible to slip the fins within each step and scamper up the ladder without removing your fins, when wearing the Original, Pro or Tan Delta, those with a classic Force Fin mold design as well as the Adjustable and Extra Force Fin Line.

I leave one fin on and take one off when exiting the water using a ladder - Go slow and stay safe.

Last edited:
I used to climb up the boat ladder every day on the Cayman Aggressor with my Force Fins.

never had a problem doing it, they are so short that they can climb ladder rungs without problem. Down off the OBX where 4-6' seas are common, its the only way to climb a ladder cause falling off without fins is a really bad thing

Before looking at the FF I was looking at the at the amphibian flip fins and I liked the idea of walking on the deck and not having to take off the fins when leaving the water( I do boat diving 90% of the time). But obviously with this flip fin you don't have great performance. So I am glad I made the decision to buy the Pro FF. Hearing that you can actually walk in them and get out of the water with them is a bonus I wanted and did not know you had. The second reason I look at them is that I used to be a competitive swimmer, so I am used to flipping my legs in short strokes to move fast. So based on the information I have seen, that is why ex-swimmers are comfortable with the FF. Because as a swimmer you have to be efficient. I get cramps when I try to that with the traditionals, and sometimes I am concentrating more on finning not to get a cramp than enjoying the dive. I want to feel free and not tied up. I know I made the right choice. I can't wait until I get my set.... Thanks for all your information...I honestly did not know a Fin could make such a difference, I guess I will find out.

gpulsar, well I am happy to see you're a Aqua-man. Competitive swimmer say's it all. I swim masters each morning, 5:45 am and I have coined my lane as the "waiting to die lane". This makes the new comers slip over to the other lanes. Today I was playing like a Whale. I have done the drill's for over 6 years now and just starting to feel like I get it.. My wife Susanne swims over in the fast lane, while I sometimes nap in the car waiting for her to come and Run the Force Fin Company. "You're right" to be a swimmer you have to be efficient, and I am amazed each day with swimmers who slip Thru water with no effort. You now have a Smart Fin. Best Bob

Bob it is a pleasure to hear from you. I know when the CEO of a business keeps in touch with his customers directly, this ensures your product is good. Other companies look for the bottom line only and forget their customers. From the interactions I've seen you had. I love that you are part of the making process to ensure quality to your highest level. I did not imagine that it takes so many hours to make the fins, I guess the traditionals spit them out every hour and they charge a lot for it. Looking at you process I understand why you are not the cheapest, but honestly if you make them every hour then they would not be Foce Fins, They would be Spit Fins. Keep up the superb work and keep bringing the out of box ideas....I don't want to be running in the same circle.

Back
Top Bottom