Want to feel inadequate on SCUBA gear? Watch this ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
great video, found myself holding my breath watching it. Seems to me to be multiple takes with all of the different camera angles.Loved it.

Probably multiple cameras, but one take ... one breath.

A couple of minor corrections - :wink:

That's not the 663' record freedive being filmed. For that he would've most likely had to use a sled. And there doesn't appear to be any lights used - at those depths that would've been necessary. One of the youtube comments indicates that he went to a ledge at a depth of about 100m. That's possible for someone like him.

Also, realistically he didn't climb all the way back up on one breath.

There's another thread about it in the Freediving sub-forum. One of the posters there read that Nery admitted that he did this as an artistic piece and so used multiple takes.

A couple of minor corrections - :wink:

That's not the 663' record freedive being filmed. For that he would've most likely had to use a sled. And there doesn't appear to be any lights used - at those depths that would've been necessary. One of the youtube comments indicates that he went to a ledge at a depth of about 100m. That's possible for someone like him.

Also, realistically he didn't climb all the way back up on one breath.

There's another thread about it in the Freediving sub-forum. One of the posters there read that Nery admitted that he did this as an artistic piece and so used multiple takes.

Thanks for the correction ... my bad! I saw it as a news article (obviously incorrect) before I saw the video.

They use a sled to do the deep stuff---a la Pipin.........That was 'not deep' @ all---compared to the real thing....

Do you really think he went down to 663ft in that video? I doubt it. It is none the less great video and fantastic achievement.

--- never mind I saw other people posted more accurate info :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't feel any inadequacies at all, it is a totally different deal, and I would rather stay shallower and a lot longer! Just the same way I choose to fly in a plane and not jump out of it:wink: Free Diving is for people who like it as SCUBA is for a different activity where there is no finish line. It takes nothing from either activity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom