Want to thank Peter C & DebbyDiver for the strap recommendations for the

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
back of the kayak----makes it really easy(compared to the bungie cord) in stowing tank/BC/& regulator....I've been meaning to thank ya'll after going out each time & Saturday I said I WILL do this soon---so thanks again....btw, the front one works out just fine for me, I use 2 smaller net bags tethered under it to stow my other stuff.....

before....

kayak2front.jpg

and after...

kayakstraps.jpg

Last edited:
You are very welcome. I just found this thread.

Do you have a tag line setup for your BC? Since we carry more weight on the West Coast I put a d-ring on my gals weight belt and she clips her weight belt off to a second tag line before dropping it. Might need to do the same for my 20 pounder.

That's funny, I just found this thread too...we're both a year late, Peter! :blinking:

Glad to be of help, Diver 85, and I hope you are still enjoying frequent yak dives. I just went kayak freediving yesterday. In an effort to keep things simple, I simply ran the strap through the heel straps of my fins and my mask strap to keep them secure. While in the water, I used a 4' line with clips at both ends...one clip on the yak and the other on my lobster snare to keep it handy in the water.

Happy paddling!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom