Wanted: Divemaster experience and beyond!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apertyx

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!

My name is Steve Barlow, and I am a recently certified PADI Divemaster! I wanted to say hello! to everyone here on ScubaBoard, and I'll be looking to make many new friends here in the years to come!

Last year, after 25 years in radio, I retired from the industry, sold my house, and decided to use the money to travel and do some things I've always wanted to do - including FINALLY learning to dive! I went to Australia for three months and took my OW and AOW around Sydney and Brisbane, and was totally hooked by the time I was done! Spent the summer and fall sidetracked in Nashville, and got back on track in November in Tampa, Florida for Rescue and Divemaster. Now I want to move on to Instructor, but would like to get some experience as a Divemaster first, and log a few more dives (like a hundred or two!).

Because I was traveling and time was a constraint, I didn't get to do a full internship with the dive shop, and would love to pick up where I left off. Being a Canadian, it's hard to get work in places like the US or Australia, and applying to jobs on the PADI website is the only real avenue I have at the moment (everyone here in Ontario seems to have packed up shop and gone on vacation in the south!).

So........ if ANYONE is looking for a mature individual to join the team as a DM working to Instructor - I'd REALLY like to hear from you! It's cold here in Canada - a few months in a warm climate would be great, and you'll get a hard worker and fast learner who's spend his life making people happy and talking for a living! I have a little money left, so I'm willing to work for experience as long as lodging and such can be covered. Or, a small honorarium that would cover such would be fine as well. Or something like that (maybe for the cost of the Instructor course, I don't know. I'm willing to negotiate!) I'm willing to work just about anywhere in the world and a short term contract would be fine as well as a long term.

I'd be happy to get insurance TODAY if someone would offer me an opportunity - so if you're thinking of it, PM me and we'll see what we can work out. Have car, have passport, have frequent flier miles, and I have my own gear as well!

Regardless, it's a pleasure to meet you all, and I look forward to many, many conversations and dives to come! Thanks for such a great site!

Cheers everyone - happy diving!
Stephen J. Barlow
PADI DM 212703

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom