Wanted input on dry suit gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BBL-Butt

Reaction score
Hello All,
I've just moved into my new Bares XCD2 Tech dry,well I used my old 5 mmm gloves and my hands were frozen but, it was a mountain lake 46 F+maybe and my wet suit gloves didn't go over the latex wrist seals were the neo meets the latex.Any one out there suggest what pair of glove other than dry(can't afford right now) I might want to buy?

I bought the Viking rings and dry gloves they work great the viking gloves are really hard to get streched over the rings though.

I like the retro fit idea........... sent a PM to ya Undr Ogre
I guess a guantlet style glove would go up a little higer on my drysuit cuff wear I think the problem lies, I was looking at the Bare 5 mm kevlar guantlet just incase.
Thanks

I don't think you'll find a huge difference between the various non-dry gloves. Three finger mitts are obviously the warmest of the wet type gloves. There are some dry gloves with latex seals built right in that are not too expensive. Best is dry gloves with rings though.

If you can find a good deal on the rings, the actual dry gloves are not all that expensive... Diving Concept style, or si-tech rings are the most common.

Mat.

Bob3 on this board is a Viking dealer Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits

We did a loooong dive in 46 degree water last weekend, while scootering (Makes you colder), and my hands were cool, not frozen in my drygloves.

Other than the XS Scuba semi-dry gloves, wet gloves are not going to be as warm, as a dryglove.

Diving Concepts are supposed to be good too.

Seattle Marine has replacement Atlas 495 gloves and removable liners.
495 GLOVE PVC BL REMOV LIN - Seattle Marine

Now if you want a cheap set of drygloves, I have a pair of COCVI's I would be willing to let go. They are the ringed type and come with medium gloves mounted. The gloves could be swapped out for a larger pair of gloves on the same rings. I paid $140 and would be willing to let them go for $65 shipped in the lower 48.

My vote to contact Bob3 for the CLASSIC rings. I tried the Sytech and hated them. A buddy of mine uses the Viking one that twist on and seems to like them. I might like them as well.

As for gloves for the classic system. Go to the local lumber yard and buy XL gloves and use glove liners. $4 and you have a pair of gloves that you don't care if you rip, and liners to reuse.

I would use the "poverty" gloves, I use regular household cleaning rubber gloves and stretch them over the rings that I have on my drysuit. Dry gloves for about 4 bucks. not bad. They work great as well.

Back
Top Bottom