Wanted input on dry suit gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you keep the ring in the suit when your done diving or remove them after every dive? storage etc sorry dumb question.
Thanks

I use a pair of glove liners and then a pair of jersey gloves (garden gloves). Worked pretty good for a 45-50 minute dive at 41 degrees.

I leave the rings on the suit. But move the outer up the sleeve off the inner and spin the inner so it doesn't stretch the seal.

I would probably leave them in if using the "poverty" man system.

I use a pair of glove liners and then a pair of jersey gloves (garden gloves). Worked pretty good for a 45-50 minute dive at 41 degrees.

I leave the rings on the suit. But move the outer up the sleeve off the inner and spin the inner so it doesn't stretch the seal.

I would probably leave them in if using the "poverty" man system.

What's " "poverty" man system?"

I think it's me!! :D

Do you keep the ring in the suit when your done diving or remove them after every dive? storage etc sorry dumb question.
Thanks

Leave the rings in, there is a chance of puncturing your wrist seals every time you take them out. Plus there is not any reason to.
With some practice you learn how to put your gloves on quickly.

What's " "poverty" man system?"

I think it's me!! :D

Read post 2 and click on the link.

Another idea that I PM'd BBL-Butt with was a way of donning the gloves using the classic system. I have thought about getting a piece of PVC pipe just bigger than the outer ring. Put the glove on the PVC, insert hand, pull over the outer ring. Then just pull the PVC out of the glove. Of course take the PVC off before diving. Just reload the glove on the PVC during the SI. It would be one more thing to keep track of but if you just can't get the glove on then this might be the best option.

I can don both gloves by myself in less then 20 seconds. I have to get some time and make a quick video on the process. If I can do it anyone can :wink:

I can don both gloves by myself in less then 20 seconds. I have to get some time and make a quick video on the process. If I can do it anyone can :wink:

Not too far behind you but I have only donned mine 5-6 times. Figured with time I will get better. Video would be nice! PVC was a back up.

The key to it is to put on your best hand first...if you are a righty...put the right one on. Slip the edge over the topside of your wrist and flip it over onto your knee. Then pull the rest of the glove over the cuff. Now you can put the other one on using your good hand in a glove instead of trying to fight the glove with your not so good hand. :confused: Did that make sense?

Some of the divers I go with dive with the zip dry gloves thinsulate compresses at depth and loses its' insulation properties, wool seems to work for them. I am lucky and found that 5mm work for me under the ice at 36 degrees, one of the female divers that are on the team has found plenty of warmth in the 3 finger mitt wet style.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom