Wanted: powerful dive torch with wet contacts and good burn time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkSafaris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Is anyone able to recommend a good dive torch with wet contacts and strong beam for underwater use? It's such a jungle of dive lights out there so I thought I would just ask. LED, HDI or a strong Halogen is interesting as long as the burn time is more than an hour and I don't have to open it in order to charge the batteries.

Light and motion do lights that match your description. I use them as video lights and some of my buddies use them as torches

If your talking primary light the Halcyon 21w HID ($1800) is hard to beat. Produces a light saber in the water but can be used to flood as well. Also using 2 Halcyon LED ($200) back up lights that do a great job if needed. Light Monkey also makes great lights.

Light and motion do lights that match your description. I use them as video lights and some of my buddies use them as torches

+1 for Light & Motion. Love my Sola 600

I have the Halcyon 21watt HID and it works awesome. 4hour burntime and has adjustable beam, you can also get the E/O cable installed to make it wet connector. Also I would consider 21watt HID from Light Monkey I have personally never used one of there lights but from reviews I read the are also highly reliable and too have great customer service. For me I consider both lights as equal and it came down to which I could get a better price on.

try any of the kowalski range. I have the maxum 620, brilliant torch. they have a dimmer switch so you can turn the light up and down. you don't need to open them to charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom