Wanted: Sea & Sea 8000G replacement camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gibson1525

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a replacement camera for my Sea & Sea 8000G (Ricoh Caplio Gx8). I am unable to find any due to the fact that they have been discontinued. Any help would be great, thanks.

I've got a caplio RR30. in perfect condition, don't know if it will fit in your housing; but if not I also have a DX3000 which was made for the RR30 by Sea&Sea.
PM me if interested. DD

I have 2 of these cameras (DX-8000G) and have gone through 2 replacements... make sure you have an eBay account, go to search worldwide and type in "Caplio GX8" or just "GX8" after results make sure to select yes to the question "do you want to be notified if this item becomes available," then select 12month instead of the 6 months offered. results will be sent to your email upon posting, Sea & Sea has replacement cameras for $600 but I got one a year ago for $425 and again 3 months ago after yet another flooding for $225, so prices are coming down without the great demand.
Only the DX-5000G/GX5 and DX-8000G/GX8 are inter-exchangeable.
My (LDS) Local Dive Store has them for sale $800
I'd like to sell both of mine for at least $600@ interested?

~W~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom