Wanted; were to find a military surplus 6 to 8 cfm compressor???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robsmi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There seem to be several folks around ( some scubaboard ) that will help coach along a DIY portable compressor. I just have not had any luck finding a compressor in my price range. Where do you look for used or surplus compressors to build in to a porable unit? I have a relly nice 9 hp honda motor which I think would run well on a 6cfm or maybe 7 to 8 cfm if speed is reduced. What key words should I search? I really want a military type unit that is continus duty not a fill a tank wait to fill the next tank while it cools down compressor. This will be used where airfills are not available. I do realise it will be easier and cheaper to use the Dive Shops when ever possible.

You didn't say what your price range was, but Jim Sheldon is the local expert on those surplus compressors. Good hunting!

This is the govt. site, www.govliquidation.com. It lists equipment available for auction. It takes a little research to find items and don't expect to find great deals anymore, like in the old days.

Yes Jim is a very good Guy with some very nice compressors. I was hoping to find a compressor needing repair or for parts, or maybe a project that some one has lost interest in. I feel sure I will be calling on Jim for parts or other help. Please let me know of any sources like the Auctions above.

Hi, I'm Jim Shelden <sheldensportinggoods.com>
IF you are looking for 6-8 cfm compressors they are still in the $3500 to $4500 range and not very portable.
My 4 CFM compressors with gas engine is $3100 plus shipping. These are continuous operation and can be run 3-4 hours with out shutting down (except run out of gas) Manual moisture drain is every 20-30 minutes but don't need to shut off to do this. Full commercial moisture traps and filters - everything new except the rebuilt kidde compressors. Fill to 4500PSI
Jim
316-992-0505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom