Wanting to do a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to do a live aboard for the end of Feb early early March. Any suggestions?

I was looking in to Blackbeards because of the price. What else is avaliable in that range?

I was hoping to leave from Florida so I could first visit family. Since I have to convert to paying for the trip in american funds, I need to keep costs down plus the flight. I am traveling solo, so the idea of sharing a cabin with a stranger is not appealing to me.

HELP

There are tradeoffs for the price - on Blackbeards you don't have a cabin, you get a berth.

Generally to get your own cabin you either have to pay some sort of extra fee (from a few hundred dollars up to the price of the cruise) or just luck out and be on a cruise where there aren't many people aboard. In my opinion sharing a cabin isn't all that bad seeing as you don't spend much time there to begin with. As for cruises that leave from florida theres the juliet and the nekton boats. I'm sure there are more but those two are the ones that popped into my head. Do a little searching in this forum and i'm sure you'll find all the info you need. By the way blackbeards does not leave from florida anymore, so you'd need an additional flight to freeport on grand bahama. Just something to think about.

adrisen:
I want to do a live aboard for the end of Feb early early March. Any suggestions?

I was looking in to Blackbeards because of the price. What else is avaliable in that range?

I was hoping to leave from Florida so I could first visit family. Since I have to convert to paying for the trip in american funds, I need to keep costs down plus the flight. I am traveling solo, so the idea of sharing a cabin with a stranger is not appealing to me.

HELP

If you don't mind flying over to the Bahamas...try Cat Pplalu

http://www.catppalu.com/

I think I am going to do a blackbeards cruise for the valuse and I think I can get reasonable airfare

adrisen,
check out the explorer fleet.
http://www.explorerventures.com/cex1html/bahamasindex.html
the one in the bahamas is only $995.
i was on her last summer.
got to see my first hammerhead.
i've done 8 liveaboards.
i travel solo and ended up with a private cabin 4 times.
sharing a cabin is not so bad.
only use it to sleep.
let us know how your trip turned out.
regards,

smokey braden:
adrisen,
check out the explorer fleet.
http://www.explorerventures.com/cex1html/bahamasindex.html
the one in the bahamas is only $995.
i was on her last summer.
got to see my first hammerhead.
i've done 8 liveaboards.
i travel solo and ended up with a private cabin 4 times.
sharing a cabin is not so bad.
only use it to sleep.
let us know how your trip turned out.
regards,

I'd definitely second that recomondation for the CE1.

Also blackbeards does not have nitrox, I'm not sure about the juliet. Anyone want to clarify that and if so how much. Nitrox is definitely something you want to consider when your doing 5 dives a day x 5 diving days.

vertaqua:
Also blackbeards does not have nitrox, I'm not sure about the juliet. Anyone want to clarify that and if so how much. Nitrox is definitely something you want to consider when your doing 5 dives a day x 5 diving days.

Lack of Nitrox would be a deal-killer for me. I think it's pretty much crazy to do that much repetitive diving and square boat profiles on air. Why risk it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom