Wanting to do a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I hate to draw this thread farther off topic I did some looking around on the DAN website and looked at Report on Decompression Illness, Diving Fatalities and Project Dive Exploration this one was the 2003 ed based on data from 2001. It states that 1170 injured divers in 2001 worldwide were recompressed. Now they break these numbers down based on various factors age, location, gas, even time of day the incident took place. Now of those 1170 divers, 85.4% were breathing air, 12.7% were breathing nitrox and 1.2% were breathing heliox. Heres the website where I got this info, check it out.
http://www.saginawunderwaterexplorers.com/library/2003danreport.pdf#search='Report%20on%20Decompression%20Illness%2C%20Diving%20Fatalities%20and%20Project%20Dive%20Exploration'

Forget the nitrox vs air...

Does anyone else have info on live aboards out of florida, we live in florida so a drive to the boat would be cool - no airports thats a plus.

This link leads to a thread about the Nekton Pilot. I put my logbook entries from our trip in August 2001 here. The Cay Sal Banks trip departed Ft. Lauderdale when we went. There are some pictures in an album in my online gallery, just click the link beside this post to go to them.
Ber :lilbunny:

The Juliet and CE1 both have nitrox. I also feel that nitrox is the way to go for that many repetitive dives.

nitrox would be a benefit. Bit I look at if that I am tired well then. off to sun my tush

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom