war graves and their definition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir:
This macho, modern day pirate image you've been actively cultivating would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

My guess is that he's either a troll or a kid. It is a disgusting thought that he is for real since he admitted to being a cop.

If it is a archeological expidition that is perfectly acceptable and legal if permission is obtained. Let me ask those who would pillage the graves, would you do it in a cemetary? Would you think it is acceptable to open of caskets and take items of value as long as you left the bones undisturbed? Jesse James' grave was exhumed for I believe acheological purposes along with the other ones that were mentioned. The wreck is the casket of those that lost their lives.
Also I am a sailor and have sailed the seas for over 12 years in peace and in war. I have lost friends at sea and interned them to the deep. Leave them in peace. If it is a war grave it is just that a grave. The souls that lost their lives did so in war. I have seen combat. Those of you that want to pillage the graves have absolutely no respect for what those that lost their lives went through even more so if it is a war grave. They went through the pure h#$* of combat, may or may not have died as a result of combat and may have drowned as after enduring combat. Life at sea is very hard life. Leave them to peace and the deep. Respect them and where they lie. Go to a survivor of a ship lost at sea and tell them what you want to do where their shipmates lie and see what happens.
Everyday I go to work I see the Arizona Memorial and I am reminded of the sacrifices those that lost their lives made and have only the upmost respect and honor for them. My personal view is if you desecrate them you are slapping those that still live their lives at sea across the face and no respect for what we do.

Lets be clear hear i have no interest at all diving wrecks from past wars that is of no interest of me. So all of you military people can calm down. I dive wrecks of cargo ships and schooners. Most of which went own in the 1700's 1800's. If people happend to have died when they went down (and they always did) they are not off limits in my mind.

We are talking wrecks that are not even near intact. Now you still may frown upon this but i see nothing wrong with collecting items from these types of wrecks. Again no interest in anything having to do with military wreckage

blacksambellamy:
Just dive where you want and tell nobody. Once you open your mouth you are screwed

Ditto!!

I respect my job im not robbing houses or digging up cemeteries. Im diving old wrecks that i have found from diligant research. Whats the difference if i remove a coin or some other object from a wreck or someone else finds it on the beach with a metal detector? People i know have dove the Doria and removed china one guy has a whole box of rosary beads....is there a problem with that? My scuba instructor removed a map from a german sub off block island (RI) and has it framed in his scuba shop.

Please you stick yo fish petting and ill stay on my wrecks.....

blacksambellamy:
I respect my job im not robbing houses or digging up cemeteries. Im diving old wrecks that i have found from diligant research. Whats the difference if i remove a coin or some other object from a wreck or someone else finds it on the beach with a metal detector? People i know have dove the Doria and removed china one guy has a whole box of rosary beads....is there a problem with that? My scuba instructor removed a map from a german sub off block island (RI) and has it framed in his scuba shop.

Please you stick yo fish petting and ill stay on my wrecks.

First, they are not YOUR wrecks.

Second, "trespassing" and to " pillage" (your words, not mine) are criminal offenses, by definition. I just don't believe your statment that you are a "cop".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom