war graves and their definition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok im not if that makes u feel better.

Anyway then tell Mel Fiser to dump all his treasure back in the ocean where he found it. After all they are not his wrecks they belong to Spain....

Oh yeah Barry Clifford also, tell him to dump his pirate treasure and human remains back in the water on Cape Cod. Yes he has human remains on display...

blacksambellamy:
i dont care about the trespassing if its down there and i canreach it i will pillage it

Wow! you really are a joke! You 'claim' to be a 'cop' and then brag about conducting illegal activities. What would your chief have to say about this huh? So.... what dept you work for? My guess is that you're just a lier who likes to see your own name in print. I consider you to not be worthy of my time, so this is the last sponse I will make to anything you type.

FD

Ha! Great then nice talkin to you. Why would i tell you my Dept and even if i did there is nothing you can do. You really think they will have people sit on my house follow me to my dive spots just to see if what im doing is legal. Please stop your antics.

OK, gentlemen, let's bring this thread back on topic and to a more civil tone.

the Kraken

The Kraken:
OK, gentlemen, let's bring this thread back on topic and to a more civil tone.

the Kraken

No kidding!

What was the first post saying again?

Back to topic: I thought this might interest some. It was this ship that got me into scuba diving.

http://www.armed-guard.com/longst.html

I have lots of artifacts from this Military ship. A matter of fact as kids we used to climb aboard and play tag all day. Before grounding it they filled the hallways with steel drums to keep people out but that didn't hold us back. We had to be off before dusk because that's when the target practice would start. I dove it for years and recovered lots of live Munitions. It was always marked as off limits to fisherman and divers yet they never stopped anyone.

I miss that ship it has long since been consumed by the sea

Perhaps I should be more specific regarding what I am asking. I don't actually care whether or should or shouldn't dive it because I have no opportunity to do so. I am simply asking about the codified, legal status of such a shipwreck, and what international laws and/or rules of the sea and accepted practices are in place for these wrecks.

The wreck I am researching (apologies for the lack of transparency, I need to keep this under wraps until the research is completed) was salvaged by a government other than the one that flagged, and any remains of the sailors that died aboard it seem neither to have been repatriated nor buried. I would therefore like to know what international laws, if any, were broken, and what codes of practice/rules of the sea were violated. Thanks.

blacksambellamy:
I read it

Thats a book.......Do you really think they would tell you if they had a skull sittin at home. Most of that is prob made up to keep your attention and sell copies.

The two gentlemen involved in that effort do not have human artifacts at home, they spent a great deal of their own time and money to return artifacts to descendants of crew members. One was moved to violence at the suggestion that bones be removed for display. John Chatterton and Richie Kohler do follow admiralty law in regards to wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom