Warm Water Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For cooler water I wear a pair of 3mm. I have 5 mm also but only for coldest quarry diving. Need fingers for camera. For warm water in summer NC or further south I have a pair of gloves with a heavy palm and that breath on top. Protection where you need it but enough to prevent stings all over.

My suggestion is to go to Harbor Freight and for $7.00 by a pair of their "Western Safety" gloves. I've had the same pair now for over five years and they are perfect for warm water diving. Remove the labeling and I would be hard pressed to distinguish them from the $30.00 plus "scuba" gloves. Losing gloves is very common. I'd much prefer losing a pair of $7.00 gloves.

As has already been mentioned, many places prohibit diving with gloves, lest divers use them to grab onto the coral. I often keep a pair of reef gloves (or even just one) in a bc pocket in case I need them for a wreck dive or for hanging on an encrusted mooring line.

I use Mares 2mm amara gloves. Amara on the palm side protects against cuts while retaining dexterity, 2mm neoprene on back of the hand provides minimal thermal protection, and can protect against jellies or anything you might accidentally contact. I think all the amara gloves are made pretty much the same.

I used mechanic gloves. You can get them at a hardware store for about $10

+2 for the Mechanix gloves.. they're cheap, durable, and dry quickly...

Back
Top Bottom