Warm water reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so by examination of ebay (and trying to remember!) I think it's a MkV first stage (although it has 2 HP ports and the one on ebay only has 1) and a R109 second stage The octopus is a R190 (bought new about 13 years ago). I did say it was old!!
I must admit, I do like the fact that it doesn't dry my mouth (unlike the octopus)

I would suggest you send a PM to DA Aquamaster, he posted on this thread, and ask him if he's willing to rebuild your reg for you, and update the R109 second stage to balanced/adjustable. Then, if you like, you might try one of the new "sport" seacure mouthpieces; you have to get the one that has no hard plastic yellow collar where it mounts on the reg. That mouthpiece will fit the slightly rounder shape flange on the metal case SP reg. Once it's expertly rebuilt and updated, with a good mouthpiece, you're going to love it, I promise.

DA Aquamaster:
For $40, I'd get the Mk 17 for the lower maintainence/rinsing requirements, the cold water performance if global warming launches another ice age and the larger potetnial market if you decide to sell it later.

Somehow I have a feeling that in the next ice age, if any of us are still around, we won't be too worried about environmental sealed 1st stages:D

Maybe more about getting that nice fur coat off the woolly mammoth wandering around the abandoned parking lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom