WARM Wetsuits for Petite Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqualung everflex would have to be the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever had - mine is a size 4 AUS so they do make them nice and small - super easy to pull on and off too. I have a 5mm but I assume their 3mm would be just as comfortable

Thank you all for your comments on your wetsuits! I can see that Bare Evoke is popular. I am might be able to fit youth size, but my concern about youth size is if they provide enough warmth. I am really whimp in terms of cold, and a 3mm full length wetsuit was comfortable, but not hot at all for September diving in Roatan (85 degrees in water). MAKO wetsuit looks very interesting, and its size is close to mine. As far as I've searched Aqualung, they tend to run bigger? I know the best thing is to just try them all at the dive shop, but all the wetsuit (XS) I have tried at the dive op were too big that I had extra dead space, and that's why I think I was getting cold easily in the water too.

My aqualung everflex while saying 4 on one side of the label has XXS on the other side - I also still dive with a 10'year old youths $99 3mm - I'm under 45kg so I'm sure you will find something to fit. Good luck - my LDS ordered it in for me after I tried every XS from Scubapro to Aqualung to Henderson.

Thank you Wingy. I will also look into agualung too. I wish there were more wetsuits available for petite women.

Totally agree with Wingy on the Aqualung Aquaflex. I would not recommend the evoke for a petite person. I have the Bare evoke 5mm and know a couple other people (3 and 5mm)with them as well. All of us have experienced the same stretched out thing with the bare evoke. It starts off tight, but gets "very" roomy in the butt and legs. It looks like a sumo suit after a few dives.

Cali_diver, that is good too know. Wingy, I have searched Aqualung Everflex, but I do not seem to be able to find it. AguaFlex is the one you are talking about?

boxfish.

how much weight do you have to use? Perhaps a lavacore may be useful, Im thinking not because small skinny usually means no fat and no floating and you being too heavy unless you have a wet suit on to counter it.

KWS, I usually use 6 lbs with 3mm long wetsuit. With a brand new wetsuit I tried last time, I had to use 10 lbs. Wingy, thanks for the correction!

Totally agree with Wingy on the Aqualung Aquaflex. I would not recommend the evoke for a petite person. I have the Bare evoke 5mm and know a couple other people (3 and 5mm)with them as well. All of us have experienced the same stretched out thing with the bare evoke. It starts off tight, but gets "very" roomy in the butt and legs. It looks like a sumo suit after a few dives.

I've put a lot of dives on my 5mm Evoke this summer and I've had no issues with it stretching out hugely. Odd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom