Warranty on the MR12 Abyss and Brigade Viper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobJoubert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Zak,

does Mares cover the cost of the kits used to do an annual service on their equipment (specifically a MR12 Abyss first & second and Brigade Viper octo)?

If I remember correctly, the kits for the MR12 Abyss first & second are covered to maintain the lifetime warranty but the kit for the Brigade Viper octo isn't covered. Or is the octo kit also covered?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Zak,

does Mares cover the cost of the kits used to do an annual service on their equipment (specifically a MR12 Abyss first & second and Brigade Viper octo)?

If I remember correctly, the kits for the MR12 Abyss first & second are covered to maintain the lifetime warranty but the kit for the Brigade Viper octo isn't covered. Or is the octo kit also covered?

Thanks.

Rob,

As long as the regulator and octo were purchased through an authorized dealer, you are the original purchaser, they have been serviced at the recommended intervals, and they were purchased post 1996 the service kits are included.

Zak,

thanks for the reply. I bought the regulator and octo from ScubaToys when i was visiting Dallas in December 2007 and took it to Sports Chalet for its first annual service late December 2008.

I was not charged for the first and second stage service kits but was charged for the octo service kit - I asked and they said that they had checked the Mares policy so could you please send them an updated policy? (In fact, the salesperson who did the paperwork when I went in to pick up my stuff thought that Mares also paid the Sports Chalet labor charge which I knew they did not!!)

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom