Washed up on the beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, I used to know what those were. We have bones exactly like that lying around our wildlife collection. I'll go with turtlebone, for now.

archman:
Dang, I used to know what those were. We have bones exactly like that lying around our wildlife collection. I'll go with turtlebone, for now.
This aging business must be catching. My initial thought was "I've seen those..." and that once upon a time I could tell you what it was. But I'm sure having a flameout between the ears on it now :)
Rick

archman:

If you find out anything new let me know. This thing is driving me crazy :D

It would make sense that it is a turtle bone due to the amount of turtles that lay their eggs on East Central Florida beaches.

I believe that what you have is a turtle bone.. I think that it is from the underarmor?
I seem to recall this structure from a museum exhibit, some years ago, in seattle dealing with sea turtles. I'm NOT an expert or even a qualified layman just working off of memory.... TIFWIW....not much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom