Water Aeribics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Dea
No, Amber, I mean regular diving, not scuba. In my gym's pool there is "no diving" rule. Even though it is 6' deep! do they think that allowing someone to put their head in the water would mean that lifeguards would be overloaded with rescues?

The pool where we did our certification is great. 50 ft long and 18 feet deep. That's the only pool I know of where they allow diving. But it is far away from my house so getting a membership there is not so practical. :(

DEA-
Ok I think I understand what you are talking about. If you are talking about standing at the side of the pool and diving into it...Well, the water is supposed to be a certain depth before you can allow a swimmer to stand at the side of the pool and dive in. We learn this during our certification and then usually it's up to the pool's manager to decide the depth that can you can dive at. I have seen it start at eight feet and it goes on up.
There are some people that can dive at six foot and do it the proper way and not hit their head on the bottom, but the majority of people who come to pools are kids or teenagers and they are usually just messing around and would end up getting hurt.
If you are speaking of just being in the water and diving down to the bottom, well then I do not understand that at all...I have never been to a pool that wouldn't let you go underwater to the bottom. If that's what you are talking about, then that is really weird.
I hope I have answered that...Let me know.
Amber:)

Another good exercise in the pool (I used to make my swim team kids do this exercise) is to get a kick board and do laps while kicking your legs and holding the kickboard. This is a really good leg workout. And you can do this with or without fins!
Amber

Back
Top Bottom