We need a logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS once bubbled...

And a sunken bus in the background ...

Too funny! We'd be the only ones to understand it, unfortunately, but it's very appropriate. A school bus encrusted with zebra mussels, maybe?

DaveO once bubbled...

Too funny! We'd be the only ones to understand it, unfortunately, but it's very appropriate. A school bus encrusted with zebra mussels, maybe?
Too local (VA-DC) when we have members from NC and MD, etc... I think we should go more for a "bottom feeder" thing...maybe the catfish would work...is that a bottom feeder?

I think every quarry has a school bus encrusted with Zebra mussels--or soon will.

If it were just DC, maybe a the bottom-feeder could be a stick figure lobbyist chasing a limo?

Seriously, for this group maybe something that suggests the Graveyard(s) of the Atlantic--from Delaware to NC--with or without double tanks and a bungied secondary.

DivePartner1 once bubbled...
I think every quarry has a school bus encrusted with Zebra mussels--or soon will.

If it were just DC, maybe a the bottom-feeder could be a stick figure lobbyist chasing a limo?

Seriously, for this group maybe something that suggests the Graveyard(s) of the Atlantic--from Delaware to NC--with or without double tanks and a bungied secondary.
One thing we share is all being in or near the "Graveyard of the Atlantic". Other than wrecks, there isn't anything else around here (besides quarries). Maybe something depicting the dichotomy of ocean wreck diving vs. low vis quarry diving?

... but I agree, we should concentrate on a more serious and relevant depiction, rather than a local in-joke. Concentrating on the "graveyard" idea, I've always been amazed to hear that NC wrecks often feature sharks, turtles, and other sea life that I had previously associated with the Carribean. (And I can't wait to dive them next season.) How about a wreck and a shark, with a dive flag background?

What about a "Calvin" peeing on a reef?

O-ring once bubbled...
What about a "Calvin" peeing on a reef?

Or "Calvin" peeing on a lobyists?

Dave D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom