We need some tradition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a poster and I really wish I could remember who it was that had a tye-dye mask strap and had "stroke" embroidered on the back of it. So we could all get straps with "dork" embroidered.

There is a poster and I really wish I could remember who it was that had a tye-dye mask strap and had "stroke" embroidered on the back of it. So we could all get straps with "dork" embroidered.
I happen to like my current mask straps. The best part is that they're "upside-down". I tell people that's so that people passing me in the opposite direction underwater can read the shop I came from.

(Hehe, that way when they see the complete lack of stirred-up silt, they'll know who to thank, eh? :wink:)

This is kind of funny because I just got my C card last weekend in Lake Champlain VT. On our last dive of the last day we went to a place called Thompson's Point (a nice shore dive) where we were all handed pink flamingo lawn ornaments. I have to say I was a bit confused but went with it. We got about 200 yards out and dropped to about 30'. Then I thought my vision was out of whack because I was looking at about 100 pink flamingos adorning the lake bottem we all placed our flamingos (I named mine bingo) with the rest of the flock to commemorate our passing our OW. I will defiantly be back to the great flaming resting place in the lake!! I am pretty sure I got my dork card and C card at the same time because diving is just plane wiked fun and nothing else!!

long live Dork Divers!!:dork2:

Brian D.

Oh, *please*, can someone send me a photo of that sometime before next Mardi Gras season? (There's a strange pink flamingo connection to Baton Rouge's Spanish Town's Mardi Gras' traditions, and that would be hilarious to send to one of the local columnists).

Oh, *please*, can someone send me a photo of that sometime before next Mardi Gras season? (There's a strange pink flamingo connection to Baton Rouge's Spanish Town's Mardi Gras' traditions, and that would be hilarious to send to one of the local columnists).

Next time I am there I will take some pics for you. I will most defiantly be back soon! The water temps are still a bit chilly for dork diving (43 degrees) but that wont stop me from diving my ass of this summer.

cheers,

Brian D.:dork2:

Back
Top Bottom