We need some tradition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have the singing bass? we could pull him off the plaque and use him as our mascot. Even better if we had the Christmas version.
There is a limit, now. That would be beyond it, wherever it is. :rofl3:

Or we could take a hint from this thread and all attach trolls to our snorkles/regs/bcd's/bpw's...
Nah, I've got it!

I just need to find some blue "troll hair" and then decorate a Spare Air bottle (original size, regulator gone). We can call him "Spare Hair, the Friendly Troll" and send him around to dive (and have photos taken) with Dork Divers wherever. I'll even provide the Spare Air cylinder and a home to track his travels (complete with photos), but someone will have to tell me where I can find appropriate blue troll hair. (I imagine I'll have to buy a nice chunk and have... sorry about this... spare hair in a box for when it wears out; just attach the next "wig".)

I *think* Sparey should easily fit in a USPS flat-rate box for the domestic trips, and I'll even create travel documents to go with him (including who he is, why he's there, and so on), just in case he's stopped at a checkpoint. In fact, I'll even do up some postcards so divers who dive with him can sign one (one per group, please... sign small) and send them back to be included in his travel log. I'll even maintain his itinerary so we know where to send him next.

So, what do you think? Is it an appropriately dorky idea? (I can start pondering how exactly to put him together, if anyone likes the concept.)

An alternative would be "Spare Hare"... :)
Hmm... actually, I like that. A friendly rabbit troll...

I guess I'd better run that by Ber Rabbit before I make that mascot. :D

Personally I like Spare Hair, the Friendly Troll. The only problem that I can see is the shipping of a cylinder of compressed gas...

For the hair, try Michaels, or Lewiscraft. These might be Canadian companies, but a largeish craft store should have what you are looking for. If not, try a beauty salon that caters to the blue haird grannies and ask for some clippings.:eyebrow:

Personally I like Spare Hair, the Friendly Troll. The only problem that I can see is the shipping of a cylinder of compressed gas...
It's not a cylinder of compressed gas, although it had been in a previous life. It came to me already having been thrown away once. The reg is in pieces, the cylinder's well out of hydro, and it's never going to be filled again. I'll appropriately and permanently condemn it, of course, to be sure nobody will steal it and try to use it. I may end up drilling some holes in it, too, for attaching things, depending on what inspiration strikes. I figure I ought to give it some dog tags, too, just to help with ID.
For the hair, try Michaels, or Lewiscraft. These might be Canadian companies, but a largeish craft store should have what you are looking for. If not, try a beauty salon that caters to the blue haird grannies and ask for some clippings.:eyebrow:
We've got Michael's and Hobby Lobby here, which is where I figured I'd start. It never hurts to ask, of course, as someone may have a troll-making business on the side. :biggrin:

Ouch Clay Jar, that was painful.

Anyone have the singing bass? we could pull him off the plaque and use him as our mascot. Even better if we had the Christmas version.

Or we could take a hint from this thread and all attach trolls to our snorkles/regs/bcd's/bpw's...

I have the "Mack the Knife" version

I have the skeleton version a friend gave me.

I like the spare hair idea but I see that dying out. pretty easily.

I have an option for a mascot. My g/f has Earl, a paper mache penguin from Earls resturant. She is willing to donate him the the DD cause. He will require some modification and preperation to make him dive worthy, but I think he would be a great mascot. He is about 18 inches tall and maybe 10 inches round.

Back
Top Bottom