Wear those seatbelts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Had an interesting morning today. Had a guy hit me on 635 at approx 70 mph, which caused my suv to flip approx 5-6 times on the exit ramp and into a ditch. I always get onto family and friends that don't wear them, well he is another reason to. I have no doubt in my mind had I not been wearing it, I would have either been dead or still in the hospital. Luckily I always do wear it and only had some minor cuts and soreness.

wreck.jpg

Wow. You were very lucky to have such minor injuries! Glad you're ok!

Very lucky. I've been involved with EMS in one capacity or another for since 1979. And I will say that, as a general rule, restrained in a rollover is just about the best accident to have. It's about like a good amusement park ride. Unrestrained, however, is deadly. When you get ejected, you're tossed in front of the vehicle, which then procedes to roll right over you (you can break lots of laws, but not the laws of physics...). Messy...

Glad you're OK, and thanks for wearing your seatbelt.

Wow! Glad you came out in good shape. What about the other guy...?

Did that happen east of 75? I think heard the call on the radio but I didn't work the accident.

You got real lucky on that one, I am one who always wears my seatbelt and make sure that anyone who gets in my truck wears it.

The car held up well for rolling over 5-6 times. If it wasn't a domestic I don't think you would have been lucky. I see accidents here in NY all the time and and it doesn't matter the combo, the american car always wins. I had someone in a Toyota 4 Runner rear end me at about 30 mph, they were totaled, I needed a new bumper.

Glad you're OK.

WOW
Thank God you are OK....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom