Weather in February in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AS mentioned a dive coat is a great idea for Winter dive trips. Most f them cost about $100.

Dave

I've been diving coz ONCE in February. That was the first and last time. For me, mid Jan through March is the worst time for diving. It's a great time for Gringos on cruise ships who want to get away from the winter up north and enjoy some sun and fun topside but for diving, I'll personally stick to other months.

I've been diving coz ONCE in February. That was the first and last time. For me, mid Jan through March is the worst time for diving. It's a great time for Gringos on cruise ships who want to get away from the winter up north and enjoy some sun and fun topside but for diving, I'll personally stick to other months.
I've been diving at Cozumel once in January. It was great; I may do it again. DSFDF.

I agree with Deepsea21, January thru mid March are the worst times to dive Cozumel. Good chance of north storms closing the port, water is as cold as it gets, and crowds of cruise ship people. It is only "high" season because it is so miserable in the North.

On the other hand I believe that May-June and September-October are the best months of the year.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Buy a swim parka. I bought mine for $89 at swimoutlet and use for winter boat trips here in California. works great.
Well so far I have dove COZ in the months of Feb., May, Oct., and November and all have been great diving.

Well, I think we're going - armed with the knowledge that we may not get to dive on one or even all days. But we're staying at Cozumel Palace (where we have stayed and enjoyed it before) and it will be during Mardi Gras/Carnival, so we'll have plenty to do. And, we're going with friends who will help us pass the time. Of course I will be hoping for good weather but will still be happy to be away from dreary weather at home. :)

I'll be there then too, plus the 2 prior weeks. I'd rather experience a Notre there than here in Canada where it originated at that time of year. We know that once it's time to come home we're closing in on better weather relative to what it was when we left for Cozumel.

Well, I think we're going - armed with the knowledge that we may not get to dive on one or even all days. But we're staying at Cozumel Palace (where we have stayed and enjoyed it before) and it will be during Mardi Gras/Carnival, so we'll have plenty to do. And, we're going with friends who will help us pass the time. Of course I will be hoping for good weather but will still be happy to be away from dreary weather at home. :)
I'm sure you'll have a great time and I've NEVER heard anyone complain about their stay at the Palace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom