Weather in the Keys in Mid November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CheddarChick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So we are getting ready to book the Keys in Nov...Can anybody tell me what the weather conditions are in Nov???? Sweats???? Or Shorts??? How about diving conditions???

I've been down mid-late November (early December) and the temps are decent for anyone used to the Northeast (me from Pennsylvania) Locals think it's a tad cool...I got away with shorts and long sleeve t-shirts...I don't think I went into sweat shirts at all from my recollection...

Diving was fine...water in the mid 70's for the most part...3mm worked for me...5mm probably if you get cold easily. I recall the odd day where the wind was kicked up and the water was choppy, but nothing I have listed at those times seemed bad...now I just got back from two weeks, and the weather sucked! Windy rainy etc...I had more and better diving in November than I did this year in the first two weeks of October...hit and miss I guess :idk:

Hope this helps!

Hi Ben!
Just what I was looking for..Since it was 28* the other night in WI I can deal with those temps.....What sites did you dive (and are on your "not to miss" list?)

The weather hasn't cooled much yet, mid 70s at night, high 80s in the day right now. That could (and probably will) change a bit by mid-November but unless something freakish happens, expect high 60s to low 70s at night and low 80s in the daytime. If a cool front passes, it may be a bit cooler than that for a day or maybe two days at the most.

Sweet.....Can't wait...Diving with Conch Republic....Anybody else going on the 15th, 16th, or 17th?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom